Uber & Lyft Sexual Assault Attorney
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have become increasingly popular, and many people in and around our area use these services daily. The last thing anybody expects when they get into an Uber or Lyft is that they will become a victim of sexual assault. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we are here to help if you or somebody you love has been the victim of a sexual assault in a rideshare vehicle. Our Oregon Uber and Lyft sexual assault attorneys will investigate your case in order to secure the compensation you are entitled to.
Why choose Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC?
In the aftermath of a traumatic incident like this, turn to an attorney you can trust both personally and professionally. The Portland personal injury attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC are here to help.
- We are dedicated to helping those harmed due to a sexual assault that happened during Uber or Lyft rides.
- We are client-centered, meaning we will take the time to understand every aspect of your case. We will tailor our case to your goals and needs.
- Our Uber & Lyft sexual assault clients will pay no upfront of out-of-pocket costs, and will only pay legal fees after we secure the compensation they are entitled to.
How will an attorney help this case?
These cases can be incredibly difficult, particularly for a victim who has experienced sexual assault. An attorney will be able to handle every aspect of your case for you so you can focus on recovery. Your attorney will be responsible for:
- Working with law enforcement to gather all evidence necessary to prove what happened.
- Working with the rideshare company and their insurers to secure maximum compensation for your damages.
- Preparing your case for trial if that is what it takes to secure the compensation you deserve.
These incidents are devastating
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft have long struggled to handle sexual assaults on their rides. These companies do conduct background checks on their drivers, but that does not mean that every rideshare driver is safe.
To put into perspective how often these incidents occur, we want to turn to a report recently released by Uber. By their own admittance, the company received 5,981 reports of sexual assault in 2017 and 2018. Out of those reports, 460 four were for rape. Uber’s report showed that 92% of rape victims were passengers and 7% were drivers.
Lyft has yet to release a comprehensive report on how many sexual assaults have been reported in their vehicles. However, there is no reason to expect that their numbers are vastly different than Uber’s.
Those who sustain a sexual assault well in an Uber or Lyft should:
- Call 911 and report the incident immediately
- Go to the doctor to be treated for any injuries and receive a rape kit if necessary
- Report the sexual assault to Uber or Lyft
- Contact an attorney who specializes in Uber and Lyft sexual assault cases
Let us get to work today
If you or somebody you care about has been sexually assaulted while riding in an Uber or Lyft vehicle, seek legal assistance today. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, our team is ready to investigate your case and work to see or any compensation you may be entitled to. When you need an Uber and Lyft sexual assault attorney, contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling (503) 226-6361.