Jane is an advocate of giving back to her community and believes in spending as much time with her family as possible. She was on the local Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East Board for years and was a board member with the PSU Hatfield School of Government’s Center for Women’s Leadership and the Campaign for Equal Justice.
Jane Paulson is passionate about trial law. While many attorneys shy away from litigation, Jane relishes the chance to stand up for her clients in court. She represents people throughout Oregon and Washington who have been harmed by the negligence or legal fault of others, and she has won millions of dollars for her clients doing so.
Jane is a graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law. She clerked for federal judge James M. Burns and worked for several years at a well-regarded defense firm. Her past work also includes serving on various local and state bar committees.
In her spare time, Jane has become a diehard Pickleball fan and player and LOVES paddles, gear and the support of Selkirk Sport (www.selkirk.com).
Awards and Accolades
- She the 2017 recipient of the Multnomah Bar Association “Professionalism Award” (for the highest ethical standards and exemplary conduct in the practice of law).
- She was the 2015 recipient of the Oregon Women Lawyers Justice Betty Roberts Award (which recognizes an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to promoting women in the legal profession and in the community).
- In 2015, Jane became the first woman President of the Oregon Chapter of ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates).
- In 2012, the American College of Trial Lawyers invited Jane to join the organization as one of just five women attorneys in Oregon. This also meant that she and her father, Chuck, were one of the few father-daughter teams with the College.
- She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for her work in the field of personal injury and medical malpractice.
- From 2000 to 2004, she served as one of just two American Trial Lawyer Association delegates from the state of Oregon. She has also acted as the President of the OTLA (from 2004-2005), is an Associate with the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
- From 1995 to 2006, Jane was honored with the opportunity of serving on the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association or “OTLA” as a board member and was President 2004-2005..
Among Jane’s Additional Honors and Recognitions Are:
- Best Lawyers in America – for Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury
- 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiff’s attorney in Portland, Oregon
- 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” for Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiff’s attorney in Portland, Oregon
- Oregon Super Lawyers 2006-2019
- Top 10 Oregon Super Lawyers 2015-2019
- Top 50 Oregon Super Lawyers 2009, 2011-2019
- Top 25 Women Lawyers 2006-2019
- 2015 Recipient of the Oregon Women Lawyers Justice Betty Roberts Award
- Portland’s Best Lawyers in Portland Monthly magazine
- 2017 Multnomah Bar Association “Professionalism Award”