Eugene Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Most patients never expect their doctors to make mistakes. After all, physicians receive years of education and special training in patient care. They should know what is in a patient’s best interest and how to take steps to achieve the best possible health outcomes. Unfortunately, doctors and other health care practitioners make critical errors in their practices every day.
Medical malpractice is the failure of a person in the health care industry to obey the correct standards of care, resulting in harm or death to a patient. If you or someone you love is a victim, the Eugene medical malpractice lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC may be able to help you recover compensation. Contact us today for a free case evaluation at our office nearest to you.
Why Choose Us?
- Our clients always come first. We are selective in the cases we accept, only taking on cases we believe we can win. This gives us enough time to provide one-on-one care to each client.
- Our lawyers take pride in their community. We are always looking for new ways to give back to the people of Eugene by donating our time and resources to worthy causes.
- Our Eugene medical malpractice lawyers operate on a contingency fee basis. We provide legal counsel at no financial risk to you. If we lose your medical malpractice case, you will not owe us any legal fees.
Eugene, OR Medical Malpractice Laws
Oregon’s definition of medical malpractice is a negligent action or omission by a doctor or another health care professional that someone in the same role and circumstance would not have committed. If a doctor did not order the right tests, for example, leading to the harmful failure to diagnose a serious health condition, that doctor may be guilty of medical malpractice. When medical malpractice causes a patient injury or illness, the victim may have grounds for a civil lawsuit in Oregon.
- Statute of limitations. You or your lawyer must file your medical malpractice claim within two years of the date of the incident or discovery or your injury, according to Oregon Revised Statute 12.110.
- Burden of proof. You or your lawyer must prove that you and the defendant had a doctor-patient relationship, the defendant breached the standards of care for this relationship and that this caused your injuries.
- Expert witness. Your attorney can hire a medical expert with special knowledge to assist you in proving the defendant’s malpractice. Cases involving routine problems, however, may not need expert testimony.
Any error a reasonable and prudent practitioner would not have made in a similar situation could constitute medical malpractice in Oregon. Medical malpractice can take the form of misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, prescription errors, overdose, negligent nursing care, hospital negligence, dental negligence, surgical mistakes, anesthesia errors and birth injuries. Discuss a possible case with our attorneys today.
Seeking compensation for an injury or hospital infection due to medical malpractice could help you and your family achieve closure and peace of mind for the future. Your family may be eligible for a financial award that allows you to pay for your outstanding medical bills, future necessary medical care, and lost past and future earnings. You could also receive an award for noneconomic losses such as pain, suffering, distress, anguish, fear and loss of consortium. Oregon only caps damage awards in wrongful death medical malpractice cases ($500,000 maximum in noneconomic damages).
Hospitals in Eugene, Oregon
While there is only one licensed hospital in the city of Eugene, there are several serving Lane County.
|Mckenzie-Willamette Medical Center||1460 G Street||Springfield||Lane||14-070|
|Oregon State Hospital Junction City||29398 Recovery Way||Junction City||Lane||14-1474|
|Peace Harbor Medical Center||400 9Th Street||Florence||Lane||14-0711|
|Peace health Cottage Grove Community Medical Center||1515 Village Drive||Cottage Grove||Lane||40-0223|
|Sacred Heart Medical Center – Riverbend||3333 Riverbend Drive||Springfield||Lane||14-0014|
|Sacred Heart University District||1255 Hilyard Street||Eugene||Lane||14-1467|
If you or a loved one were injured as a result of medical negligence in one of these, or any other, hospital or healthcare facility, we can help.
Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Eugene
A medical malpractice case in Eugene can involve complex and difficult laws. Going through your claim alone could make you vulnerable to insurance bad faith tactics, which could ultimately reduce your award. Hiring an attorney, on the other hand, enables you to match the power of a hospital or health care center’s insurance company.
A Portland personal injury lawyer from Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC will know what methods to use to fight for fair and full compensation for your related damages. Find out what your medical malpractice lawsuit might be worth today. Call (503) 226-6361 or contact us online to arrange your free consultation.