Portland, OR Wrongful Death Attorney
Pursuing Justice for Wrongful Death Victims
When a loved one’s death is the result someone else’s negligence, the case can be considered wrongful death. Families of wrongful death victims are often left emotionally and financially devastated. The legal system, therefore, provides families with a way to bring a claim against the negligent party (or company) to hold them accountable for their negligence. These lawsuits can also help families recoup some of the costs associated with an unexpected death, including burial and funeral expenses.
At Paulson Coletti, we know that losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things to face, especially when that loved one was lost needlessly due to someone else’s negligence. Our ability to provide effective and compassionate counsel for families of wrongful death victims sets us apart.
We accept cases we are confident have merit. Paulson Coletti gives bereaved families the voice they deserve after losing their loved one through negligent or wrongful acts.
If you are interested in learning more about representation for a wrongful death claim or lawsuit, contact Paulson Coletti today.
Wrongful Death Settlements & Verdicts
Through passionate advocacy and years of honed trial skill, the attorneys at Paulson Coletti have secured some of the following verdicts and settlements for wrongful death clients –
- $12.1 million verdict against the manufacturer of a defective lathe which caused a young man’s death
- $3 million verdict for a heavy equipment operator crushed and killed by a defective road grader
- $1.3 million verdict for a widower who lost his wife in a head-on collision
- $1.3 million settlement for the wife and children of a man killed in a head-on collision
- $1 million settlement for a man involved in an electric saw accident
Who can file a wrongful death suit in Oregon?
In most cases, the family member who brings forth the wrongful death claim is a surviving parent, child, or spouse. However, Oregon allows other family members to file a lawsuit, including grandparents, stepchildren, or stepparents. At our firm, we understand that these cases can be difficult to navigate without proper guidance. We take the time to sit with our clients and make sure they’re informed of each step in the process.
Everyone Deserves a Passionate Advocate — We’ve Got Three
Our Portland wrongful death lawyers represent clients throughout Oregon and Washington. We have more than 100 years of combined experience among us — a decided advantage that enables us to handle cases with authority and insight.
As you focus on healing and being with your family during this difficult time, our firm will assume responsibility for handling the legal concerns you and your family face by pursuing justice on your behalf. We are prepared to take the necessary action to hold responsible parties liable for your loved one’s death.
Several principles guide our approach when handling wrongful death cases:
- Integrity – We accept cases we believe in, we put our clients first, and we fight for justice because it is the right thing to do. We are passionate about our work and see “liberty and justice for all” as a mandate.
- Compassion – Our dedication to clients stems from a simple desire to help people. We truly believe in the importance of what we do.
- Tenacity – Our attorneys have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients because we are committed to doing whatever is necessary in order to effectively protect the individuals we represent.