Portland Railroad Worker Accident Attorney
Working on railroads comes with extensive risks. When a railroad worker sustains an injury, they should be able to recover compensation for their losses. This is particularly true if the injury occurred due to the careless or negligent actions of an employer or a third party. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we are here to help if you need a Portland railroad worker accident attorney by your side. Our team has a thorough understanding of the laws specifically surrounding railroad worker injuries, and we understand how these differ from typical workers’ compensation claims.
Turn to Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for a Railroad Accident Case
- At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we focus on a client-centered approach to every case. Our clients come first, and we take on cases that we believe in and believe we can win.
- We have an excellent track record both in and out of the courtroom. This means that we are fully prepared to handle settlement negotiations as well as complete trials if necessary.
- We handle Portland railroad worker accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that injury victims will not have to worry about paying any legal fees until after we recover the compensation they need.
What Will an Attorney do to Help Your Case?
The reality is that railroad worker injury accident claims are different than traditional personal injury cases. An attorney will understand this, and they will take the correct approach towards recovering full compensation for their client. This will include:
- Fully investigating the incident to recover evidence needed to prove liability
- Ensuring their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat their injuries and properly estimate total expected losses
- Working through the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) to recover full compensation for their client
- Completely preparing the case for trial if necessary to ensure the injured worker is treated fairly
Railroad Worker Injury Compensation
Railroad workers are not covered by any state’s workers’ compensation systems. Instead, these claims are handled by the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA), which is overseen by the Railroad Retirement Board.
FELA was originally created to ensure that railroad workers cannot be held liable for accidents or injuries that were not their fault. However, this system has evolved to help ensure that railroad workers can recover compensation after sustaining an injury.
As opposed to traditional workers’ compensation systems, which are considered “no-fault,” FELA is a fault-based system. This means that, in order to receive compensation, injured railroad workers have to prove the company’s negligence. This turns FELA claims into more traditional injury-based cases, which means that an attorney needs to be involved so they can gather evidence to prove liability.
Some of the most common reasons railroad employers are held liable involve issues of:
- Lack of safety inspections
- Unsafe working conditions
- Defective safety devices
- Faulty tools or equipment
- Unreasonable work quotas
- Inadequate supervision or training
- Poor enforcement of safety regulations
- Intentional acts of assault by other workers
Contact a Portland Railroad Worker Accident Attorney Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured in an accident while working on a railroad in the Portland area, turn to the team at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for help as soon as possible. We have extensive experience handling complex worker injury cases, including FELA claims. We will not hesitate to handle every aspect of your case, and we have no problem taking these claims to trial. When you need a Portland railroad worker accident attorney, contact us by clicking here for a free consultation or calling (503) 226-6361.