Portland Amputation Injury Attorney
The loss of a limb or a digit is a life-altering trauma. It affects your physical abilities, can have a significant impact on your finances, and can cause emotional impairment. You may be eligible for compensation following an injury due to someone else’s negligence that caused you to suffer an amputation injury.
A Portland amputation injury attorney at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC comprehends the devastating nature of amputation injuries, and we are committed to achieving justice for our clients through the compensation they are entitled to. Our Portland amputation injury lawyers have the legal acumen, experience, and skill needed to succeed at even the toughest cases.
Portland Amputation Injury Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, click the corresponding links below.
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
Possible Causes of Amputation Injuries
Types of Amputation Injuries
Consequences of an Amputation Injury
How an Amputation Injury Attorney Can Help
Amputation Injury Case Damages
Speak to a Lawyer Today
Why You Should Choose Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC
- Our client-centered, results-driven approach paired with our selective caseload means that if we choose to work together that we will give your case our full attention. Our track record speaks for itself. Our team has been successful in securing the financial compensation that our clients deserve.
- We care about our clients and are compassionate about their plight. Our Portland personal injury attorneys are dedicated to our clients and strongly desire to support them through challenging times.
- We will fight aggressively for you and will not shy away from taking on the insurance companies so that our clients are awarded the reimbursement they are owed.
Possible Causes of Amputation Injuries
Various accidents and incidents can leave a person with an amputation injury. All of these can be traumatic. The following is a list of common amputation-injury-causing accidents.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. There are many other ways that an amputation can happen. Your amputation injury lawyer in Portland will contact medical experts to decide whether your limb or digit could have been saved.
- Traumatic injuries sustained in car accidents, crushing accidents, or explosions that sever or cause damage to tissues, blood vessels, and nerves that are beyond repair sometimes require amputation. In these cases, amputation could be the best way to save the person’s life or prevent them from suffering an infection.
- Third-degree burns go deep into the bones, muscles, and tissue and are prone to infection and cause damage that cannot be repaired. Amputation may be employed as a life-saving measure. A Portland burn injury attorney can help you understand the legal dynamics of your case.
- Cancer in its advanced stages can infiltrate the bone, the muscle, and skin resulting in irreparable damage to the limb or digit it affects. To reduce the chance of the cancer spreading, amputation may be necessary to remove the affected body part.
- Severe infections resistant to antibiotics and other medications can leave the sufferer with tissue damage and tissue death, known as necrosis. Amputation may be necessary if the infection is spreading quickly, and it is the only option to stop the infection from spreading.
- Vascular diseases such as peripheral arterial disease can develop gangrene or tissue death in their limbs that may lead to amputation to stop the spread of the infection.
- Diabetic conditions lead to neuropathy, typically in the feet. This can cause injuries to go unnoticed and for inspection to begin and to spread, leading to amputations.
Various Types of Amputation Injuries
An amputation injury can vary in degrees from partial to complete loss of a limb or a digit. Some of the more common amputation types are as follows:
- Traumatic amputations result from accidents or injuries like automobile accidents or on-the-job accidents.
- Surgical amputations are planned and deliberate surgeries. These are often performed as a treatment for a medical crisis like cancer or a severe infection.
- Congenital amputations happen because of congenital defects or abnormalities.
Consequences You May Face Following an Amputation Injury
An amputation injury can result in several serious consequences. Speak to a medical professional when trying to determine what sort of impact your amputation may have on your life.
- Loss of Mobility
- Reduced independence
- Living with chronic pain
- Phantom limb pain
- Anxiety disorders
- Diminished quality of life
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Expensive rehabilitation and therapy
- Expenses surrounding a prosthetic limb
How Can an Amputation Injury Attorney in Portland Help?
If you or someone you care about has lost a limb or a digit due to someone else’s negligence, contact a Portland amputation injury lawyer for help. Our attorneys may be able to offer assistance in several different ways. Some examples of how they may help are listed below:
- We will use our resources to investigate the incident, gather evidence and determine liability.
- We use our considerable reach to speak to medical experts who can comprehend the full significance of your injuries, medical treatments, and rehabilitation.
- We will be in close communication with vocational experts to ensure that the impact of the injury will not stop you from earning a significant living.
- We are primed and ready to negotiate with insurance companies to ensure our clients receive a fair settlement.
- We are ready to present your case in court if negotiations fail to render successful results.
What Are Potential Amputation Injury Case Damages?
Suffering an amputation injury may mean that you are entitled to damage compensation. These damages may include the following:
- Medical expenses include ambulance trips, emergency room visits, hospital stays, prescriptions, tests, procedures, surgeries, prosthetics, and physical, psychological, and occupational therapies.
- Loss of income resulting from missed work or the inability to do the same job due to the injury.
- Loss of future income if the opportunities to follow the career path they were on are not available to them any longer.
- Loss of consortium may be available to the spouse or partner if they suffer the loss of companionship, protection, or intimacy.
- Home alterations may be an available damage if the injured party has had to add things like ramps, roll-in showers, handrails, grab bars, and similar accommodations.
- Punitive damages are awarded when the court decides the negligence was due to egregious behavior on the part of the defendant. It stands to punish them and discourage the behavior from occurring again.
Contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for Help With Your Amputation Injury Suit
If an accident caused your accident and it was due to someone else’s negligent conduct, or if your doctor could have avoided amputating your limb but did not, your Portland amputation injury lawyer with Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC will guide you through the legal process. Our team is prepared to fight for you to receive the compensation you are entitled to. Contact our office today to request your free initial consultation with an experienced injury attorney.