Birth Injury Attorney in Portland
Rated “Best Law Firms” for Medical Malpractice by US News
With the current medical advancements, childbirth is easier than it was in the past. Nearly 400,000 babies are born in the United States every day. However, despite the frequency in birth, complications still arise. Birth injuries are often the result of problems that occur during a mother’s pregnancy, labor, or delivery. Approximately 3% of all births involve serious injuries, and unfortunately, many are caused by or exacerbated by the actions of medical professionals.
Because of negligence, inexperience, or carelessness, serious birth injuries occur every day. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 2,333 birth injuries occur each month in the United States. This means that on average, of all the babies born every day, 80 are likely to sustain preventable injuries.
Types of birth injury
Common types of birth injury include, but are not limited to:
Discussing the circumstances of your case with a knowledgeable Portland birth injury lawyer is essential. Many birth injuries occur due to avoidable errors, such as failing to conduct an emergency C-section at the appropriate time or incorrectly monitoring the vitals of mother and baby. A lawyer from our team at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help you better understand your unique situation and its legal ramifications.
How can Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC help with your birth injury case?
Our birth injury lawyers have more than 100 years of combined experience. We are:
- Members of the American Board of Trial Advocates
- Chuck and Jane are in the American College of Trial Lawyers.
- Attorney Chuck Paulson was also honored with the designation of Best Lawyers in America’s “Lawyer of the Year” in 2014 for medical malpractice.
- Jane Paulson and Chuck Paulson have been listed in Best Lawyers in America for Medical Malpractice for years.
- Attorney John Coletti is a member of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only legal organization that has been described by The Washington Post as a “select group of 100 of the nation’s most celebrated trial layers.”
With a reputation for elite advocacy, committed client service, and a high standard for professional excellence, Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC is the team to call if you have a birth injury case in Portland and throughout Oregon. We provide free case evaluations to potential clients, allowing them to meet our team members, tell their stories, and discuss possible options for the future. You could be entitled to compensation that would allow you to provide the medical care your child deserves without worry of financial limitations.
We encourage you to contact our Portland law office and set up a time to meet with one of our trusted birth injury lawyers for a free case evaluation.