Bend Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been seriously harmed because of someone else’s negligence, you need an experienced personal injury attorney by your side. Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC is one of the most experienced personal injury law firms in Oregon. Contact us as soon as possible to discuss your options under the law.
Why Choose Us?
- We provide personalized service, maintaining a smaller caseload so we can give each client the attention he or she deserves.
- Our experienced trial attorneys can negotiate skillfully on your behalf for full and fair compensation. We can also fight aggressively for your rights in court, if necessary.
- We have a long and successful track record, with more than a century of combined experience and numerous recognitions and awards.
What Is Personal Injury?
A personal injury lawsuit is a legal dispute that arises when one person suffers an injury for which another person or entity is legally responsible. A personal injury claim for compensation may be resolved through informal settlement or through formal civil court proceedings. Most personal injury matters are settled informally out of court.
Elements of a Personal Injury Case
To recover damages in a personal injury claim, you must prove four elements of your case:
- Duty of Care: The party that caused your injuries owed you a legal obligation to protect your safety and wellbeing. Duty of care varies, depending on the parties involved. For example, a driver has a duty of care to others on the roadways to drive in a safe, reasonable, and responsible manner, while property owners have a duty to those who enter their property legally to maintain it in a reasonably safe and hazard-free condition.
- Breach of Duty: Second, you must prove that the party that caused your injuries breached the duty of care to you.
- Causation: You must show that the actions of the responsible party were the cause of your accident and injuries.
- Damages: To recover compensation for the harm you have suffered, you must prove your damages or losses. Damages may be economic (financial losses, such as medical expenses or lost wages) and noneconomic (intangible harm, such as pain and suffering and emotional distress).
Types of Personal Injury Matters We Handle
Our firm excels in handling a range of personal injury matters, including:
- Car accidents: The Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) reports that 498 people were killed and 44,629 were injured on state roadways in a single recent year.
- Truck accidents: In a collision with an 18-wheeler, passenger vehicle occupants are likely to suffer serious injuries or death.
- Bicycle accidents: 846 bicyclists were injured in traffic crashes statewide in a recent year.
- Pedestrian accidents: ODOT reports that, in a single recent year, 74 pedestrians were killed and 1,066 were injured on Oregon roadways.
- Defective products: We hold manufacturers accountable for the harm caused by their defective and dangerous products.
- Medical malpractice: Sadly, medical error is a leading cause of injury and death in the U.S.
- Wrongful death: In a wrongful death claim, surviving family members may seek justice for a loved one who died through the negligence of another.
Contact Us Today
At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we focus our practice on representing injured people. Call us right away if you or your loved one has been injured through someone else’s negligence.