Bend Birth Injury Lawyer
It is devastating for a family when a child is seriously injured at birth. Our experienced Bend personal injury attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC are tough advocates for birth injury victims. We can investigate the cause of the injury and get justice for your child. Contact us as soon as possible to schedule a consultation if you believe your child suffered birth injuries through medical negligence.
Why Choose Us?
- At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we believe that “liberty and justice for all” is more than just a phrase. We are aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers who will not hesitate to fight in court for the maximum compensation under the law.
- Our attorneys have an excellent reputation, numerous recognitions, and awards from respected organizations, and more than a century of combined experience.
- We maintain a smaller caseload so we can give your case the personal attention it deserves.
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
Among the many factors that can contribute to injury at birth, medical errors and negligence are the most harmful and preventable. Common causes of birth injuries include:
- Head trauma during delivery: This can result in damage to the brain and nervous system. Head trauma is one of the most common injuries leading to cerebral palsy (impaired muscle coordination and other disabilities, typically caused by damage to the brain before or at birth).
- Use of forceps or vacuum: Use of these aids to delivery increases the risk of injury to the infant, including brachial plexus injuries and Erb’s palsy. The brachial plexus is the network of nerves that send signals from the spinal cord to the shoulder, arm, and hand. Erb’s palsy involves injury to the nerve’s in the child’s upper arm.
- Delayed delivery: Complications during delivery must be quickly resolved to prevent further injury. When they are not diagnosed and treated promptly, it can cause injury to the infant and risk the lives of both mother and child.
- Oxygen deprivation: This is one of the more frequently occurring birth complications. When a child’s brain is deprived of oxygen, it can destroy brain tissue and cause permanent damage.
- Premature birth: Doctors and healthcare providers are required to monitor fetal growth and the health of the mother during pregnancy in an attempt to prevent premature birth.
Types of Birth Injuries
Common conditions resulting from birth injuries include:
- Brain damage due to hypoxia (oxygen deprivation) caused by umbilical cord strangulation or compression
- Fractures of the skull or other bones
- Nerve damage
- Erb’s palsy (also known as brachial plexus palsy)
- Cerebral palsy
Who Is Liable?
There are multiple potentially liable parties in a birth injury medical malpractice claim. Responsible parties may include:
- Other healthcare providers
Why You Need a Lawyer
Birth injury cases involve complex medical and legal issues and frequently require the testimony of expert witnesses. It is in your best interests to have an experienced birth injury attorney by your side to:
- Investigate your child’s injuries
- Consult with medical professionals
- Determine cause and liability
- Construct a compelling case based on the facts
- Negotiate aggressively on your behalf
- Fight for the compensation you deserve in court, if necessary
Contact Us Today
At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we are committed to pursuing justice for seriously injured victims. If you believe your child suffered birth injuries caused by medical negligence, speak with our experienced birth injury lawyers right away.