Bend Truck Accident Attorney
When a semi tractor-trailer collides with a passenger vehicle, it can cause serious injuries or death. If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident, contact the Bend truck accident attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC today. Our Oregon personal injury attorneys are tough advocates for people injured in truck accidents.
Why Choose Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC?
- We have a successful track record both in and out of court and will not hesitate to take your case to trial to obtain the maximum compensation possible.
- We represent a limited number of clients so we can give you and your case our undivided attention.
- Our truck and car accident attorneys in Bend are aggressive negotiators and trials lawyers with more than a century of combined legal experience.
Truck Accident Statistics
As reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS):
- 4,102 people died in large truck crashes in 2017.
- 68% of these deaths were occupants of passenger vehicles.
- 14% were motorcyclists, bicyclists, or pedestrians.
- Truck accident fatalities increased by 30% from 2009 to 2017.
- Large truck crashes accounted for 11% of all traffic fatalities in 2017.
Types of Fatal Truck Accidents
IIHS states that 4,107 large trucks were involved in fatal crashes in 2017. Of these truck accidents resulting in death:
- 678 (17%) were single-vehicle accidents (325 truck drivers were killed in rollovers).
- 2,482 (62%) were two-vehicle accidents.
- 857 (21%) involved more than two vehicles.
- 31% of passenger vehicle occupants killed in crashes with large trucks were in vehicles struck head-on by the truck.
- 25% were in side-struck vehicles.
A wrongful death attorney in Bend is ready to fight for justice on behalf of your lost loved one.
Causes of Truck Accidents
Although other drivers are sometimes at fault, many truck accidents are caused by the negligence of trucking companies and their drivers. Common causes of truck accidents include:
Truck Driver Negligence
This may include traveling too fast for conditions, following too closely, improper lane changes, driver distraction, over-the-counter drug use, or driver fatigue.
Improper Vehicle Maintenance
Brake failure is one of the leading causes of truck accidents.
Improper Loading of Cargo
Commercial trucks are subject to industry-specific rules as to how cargo is loaded. Loads are limited to a specific size and weight and must be properly secured using particular methods. Negligence in loading can cause accidents and catastrophic injuries.
Who Is Liable for a Bend Truck Accident?
There may be more than one potentially liable party in a truck accident case. Responsible parties may include:
- Truck driver
- Trucking company
- Truck or parts manufacturer
- The company responsible for maintaining the vehicle
- The company responsible for loading the cargo
Why Do You Need a Bend Truck Accident Attorney?
Large truck wrecks are complex cases involving federal regulations and multiple potentially liable parties. Our experienced truck accident lawyers can:
- Investigate the accident to determine cause and liability
- Obtain and preserve evidence to support your accident injury claim
- Build a solid case based on the evidence
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight aggressively for the compensation you deserve in court, if necessary
Get in Touch with Our Law Firm Today
In a crash with a large commercial truck, passenger vehicle occupants have a higher risk of injury or death than truck drivers. A fully-loaded 18-wheeler is likely to cause serious injuries in a collision, by virtue of its sheer weight and size. Going up against a large trucking company on your own is daunting – you need professional legal counsel from a Bend personal injury attorney.
Contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC as soon as possible if you have been injured or lost a loved one in a collision with a commercial truck, semi truck, or tractor trailer. We are dedicated to providing exception legal representation for injured people who believe in holding large trucking companies and their drivers accountable for the harm their negligence causes.