Bend Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are a leading cause of injury and death in Oregon and across the nation. If you have been hurt in a car crash that was someone else’s fault, contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC right away. Our Bend, Oregon car accident lawyers have a history of success representing injured people.
Why Choose Our Firm?
- There is no cost to you unless we win. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us no fees until we recover compensation for you.
- Our lawyers will act in your best interests at all times. We are transparent and honest with our clients.
- We have an excellent reputation, numerous recognitions and awards, and more than 100 years of combined experience.
Car Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports the following car accident facts pertaining to the most recent years for which statistics are available:
- 37,461 people were killed in traffic crashes on America’s roadways in 2016.
- 2,443,000 people were injured in motor vehicle accidents in 2015.
- The fatality rate per 100,000 population in 2016 was 11.59.
- The injury rate per 100,000 population in 2015 was 761.
Statewide Car Accident Statistics
In Oregon alone, the Department of Transportation (ODOT) reports that in 2016, there were:
- 448 fatal crashes
- 30,284 non-fatal injury crashes
- The fatality rate was 1.36 – a 9.27% change from the previous year
- The traffic crash injury rate statewide was 121.54
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents have a variety of causes, but most are caused by driver error. According to the 2016 Oregon Traffic Crash Summary, common driver errors leading to a crash include:
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Failure to avoid a stopped vehicle
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Failure to maintain the traffic lane
- Driver inattention
Who Is Liable?
Oregon is a modified comparative negligence state. This means if you are assigned part of the blame for an accident caused by another driver, you can still recover damages, but they will be reduced by your share of fault, provided it is not greater than the fault of the other party. If your level of fault is determined to be greater, you will not be able to recover any damages at all.
For example: In a case where another driver caused your accident and injuries, the jury determines that you were 10% responsible for the crash. If your damages total $100,000, they will be reduced by 10%, leaving you with a $90,000 award.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Car accidents can cause serious injuries with long-term consequences for the victim, including extensive medical bills and time away from work. If you have been involved in a serious wreck that was someone else’s fault, your best course of action is to consult with an experienced car accident attorney as soon as possible. Our Bend, Oregon personal injury lawyers can:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident to determine fault and liability
- Obtain and preserve evidence
- Tailor a compelling case based on the facts
- Negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf
- Fight aggressively in court for the compensation you deserve
Connect with Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC
At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we are dedicated to pursuing justice and compensation for our clients. Our attorneys have a high success rate, both in and out of the courtroom. Contact us today if you have been hurt in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence.