Failure to Diagnose Kidney Failure in Portland
Kidney failure is a serious disorder where toxins and waste products cannot properly be removed from the bloodstream. If individuals are not properly diagnosed with kidney failure, this can lead to significant long-term complications, including the complete loss of the use of kidneys or even death. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys, we are here to help if you need a kidney failure misdiagnosis lawyer in Portland. We understand medical malpractice claims, and we want to help you recover the compensation needed to get through this.
Failure to Diagnose Kidney Failure Resources
To immediately access the resources at any point on this page, click the corresponding links below.
Why Choose Our Attorney?
Benefits of Hiring a Kidney Failure Misdiagnosis Lawyer
What is Kidney Failure?
Leading Causes of Kidney Failure
Potential Medical Errors That Could Cause Harm
Cost of a Kidney Failure Misdiagnosis Attorney
Speak to a Lawyer Today
Why Choose Our Portland Failure to Diagnose Kidney Failure Attorney?
- We are committed to excellence when it comes to providing client service. Our Portland medical malpractice lawyer will keep you up to date as your case moves forward. You will never be left in the dark by our team.
- Our team has a long track record of success in securing major settlements and jury decisions on behalf of clients throughout Portland.
- We believe that you have the right to recover compensation if another individual or entity has caused you harm, and we will stand up for your rights in court.
Benefits of Hiring a Kidney Failure Misdiagnosis Lawyer in Portland
Determining the elements of negligence for a kidney failure misdiagnosis case in Portland is challenging. These claims can require extensive investigation and considerable expense, which is why having a skilled kidney failure misdiagnosis lawyer in Portland by your side is essential. The role of a lawyer includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of malpractice elements – Medical malpractice attorneys possess an in-depth knowledge of the key components of a malpractice case. They recognize the necessity to establish the existence of a doctor-patient relationship, identify instances of medical provider negligence leading to substandard care, and connect this negligence to resulting injuries and damages.
- Evidence compilation – Proving malpractice involves assembling a substantial body of evidence, and an attorney takes charge of this complex task. This includes the collection of critical evidence through techniques like deposing medical experts, researching injury-related information, collaborating with other medical professionals to formulate effective legal theories, and meticulously reviewing and analyzing medical records.
- Negotiation expertise – Attorneys draw upon their extensive experience to assess the potential value of your claim. With this valuation in mind, they craft a strategic approach to negotiate a settlement that accurately reflects the extent of your losses.
- Cost management – Pursuing a medical malpractice case can be financially daunting. However, many lawyers offer a contingency fee arrangement. Under this arrangement, you are not required to make upfront payments. Instead, the attorney’s fee is contingent on winning your lawsuit. If you prevail, the lawyer receives a percentage of the compensation awarded, ensuring accessibility to legal representation without added financial burden.
Attorneys are particularly vital in cases involving kidney failure misdiagnosis. Their expertise in malpractice elements, evidence collection, negotiation, and cost management can significantly improve your chances of securing compensation for the damages resulting from a misdiagnosis related to kidney failure.
What is Kidney Failure?
Information presented by the Cleveland Clinic explains that kidney failure, also called renal failure, means that one or both kidneys no longer function well on their own. In some cases, kidney failure is temporary and develops quickly, but in other cases, kidney failure is a long-term chronic condition that progressively worsens.
Kidney failure is the most severe stage of chronic kidney disease and is fatal without prompt treatment.
Leading Causes of Kidney Failure
Kidney failure occurs due to a variety of reasons, though the most common are high blood pressure and diabetes.
Unmanaged diabetes can lead to chronic hyperglycemia, or high blood sugar levels. If a person’s blood sugar levels remain high over time, this can cause significant damage to the kidneys and other organs.
Blood pressure refers to the force with which blood travels through the body’s blood vessels, and high blood pressure over time can result in damage to the tissue of the kidneys.
Potential Medical Errors That Can Cause Harm
There are a variety of medical errors that can occur and lead to a person being misdiagnosed related to kidney failure. In many cases, individuals are diagnosed with some other type of ailment and not kidney failure, and this can lead to the kidney failure being discovered too late. One of the most common causes of kidney failure misdiagnosis is medical professionals completely missing early symptoms of chronic kidney disease or misidentifying these symptoms as having another source:
- Protein in the urine
- Blood in the urine
- Back or side pain
- Dark urine
- Extreme fatigue
- Lack of appetite
- Fluid retention throughout the body
Aside from missing or misinterpreting symptoms of chronic kidney disease, other errors can certainly contribute to a misdiagnosis. This includes, but is not limited to,
- Conducted an incorrect test for the symptoms
- Improperly reading the results of the tests conducted
- A mix-up of the lab results
- Failed to timely or properly communicate lab results
Cost of a Kidney Failure Misdiagnosis Attorney in Portland
The team at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys handles kidney failure misdiagnosis claims on a contingency fee basis. For you, as the patient harmed, this means no upfront or out-of-pocket costs related to the case. In fact, you will only pay legal fees after we successfully recover the compensation you need. If we do not win the case, you pay absolutely nothing.
Speak to Our Kidney Failure Misdiagnosis Lawyer in Portland Today
If you or somebody you love has been improperly diagnosed or if a medical professional failed to diagnose your kidney failure, reach out to the team at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys for assistance as soon as possible. We have extensive experience handling complex medical malpractice claims throughout the Pacific Northwest, and we want to help you get through this. When you need a kidney failure misdiagnosis lawyer in Portland, you can contact an attorney for a free consultation of your claim by reaching out through our website contact form or calling us today.