Portland Broken Bone Attorney
Broken bones can be very serious injuries and lead to long-term damage, such as chronic pain, reduced function, disabilities, and financial problems related to reduced earning capacity. If you are suffering serious damages from a bone fracture, and your injury was caused by the negligent actions of another party, you may be able to receive compensation for medical expenses, lost income, loss of quality of life, and pain and suffering – with the help of Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC.
Why Choose Us
The Portland personal injury attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC operate under the mandate “liberty and justice for all.” We are uniquely qualified to make sure that your voice is heard and that those responsible for your injury are held accountable. When working with our team of litigators, you gain the following advantages:
- We are aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial to recover the maximum possible compensation.
- We maintain a small caseload so that we can give personal, undivided attention to the clients that we choose to represent.
- We work on a contingency fee basis. There is no attorney fee to you unless we win.
Types of Broken Bones and Fractures
Although bones are essentially rigid, they have some degree of natural flexibility. If the force that is applied to them is too great, they break. The level of force and the point of impact, as well as the age of the victim, will impact the seriousness of the break. A bone can crack or shatter. Common types of breaks and fractures include:
- If the ends of the break are lined up and are essentially still in place, this is known as a stable fracture.
- A compound fracture occurs when bone pierces the skin. These injuries are dangerous because bacteria can enter the body and lead to very serious infections.
- In a commuted fracture, the bone shatters. The repair often requires several surgeries, with the bone repaired with pins or plates.
The location of the fracture will affect the long-term impact upon the injured person. Injured vertebrae that affect the nerves in the spinal cord may lead to paralysis, or long-term pain and mobility issues. Each case is unique. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we can help you pursue full and fair compensation from the liable parties. We are experienced trial lawyers, with a high personal dedication to the people we represent in Washington and Oregon.
As an average, about seven million Americans suffer some type of bone fracture each year, many of whom are children. The location, type, and severity of the fracture will determine how the injury is treated, and the long-term impact upon the life of the injured.
Causes of Fractures
Fractures commonly occur in certain types of events, including but not limited to:
- Sports injuries
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Car accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents involving falls from ladders, roofs or scaffolding
- Heavy machinery accidents
Who is Liable?
The first step is determining who can be held liable for what occurred. If another driver caused an accident in which you broke a bone, that party can be held liable. If you were struck by heavy equipment at a construction site and this caused a bone to break, a construction company, equipment manufacturer, or other party may be liable. Each case must be fully evaluated so the liable parties are identified and held accountable.
Contact Us Today
If your quality of life has been reduced due to an accident that resulted in a broken bone, Paulson Coletti is here to help you seek justice and the maximum possible in compensation. We offer a free case consultation.