Head-On Collision Lawyer in Portland
Of all the different types of automobile accidents, head-on collisions rank among the deadliest. The combined force of impact when two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide can cause serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries. If you or your loved one has been injured in a head-on collision that was someone else’s fault, contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC. Our Portland head-on collision attorney can serve as the dedicated legal advocate you need.
Why Choose Us?
- Our Portland car accident trial attorneys have more than 50 years of combined experience, along with a reputation for excellence.
- We have received numerous recognitions and awards from respected organizations. For example, we have been named among Oregon Super Lawyers® and listed among the Best Law Firms by U.S. News & World Report.
- We are aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers who will not hesitate to take your case to trial to pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Causes of Head-On Collisions
The Insurance Information Institute (III) reports that, in the most recent year for which U.S. statistics are available, there were:
- 3,278 fatal head-on collisions, accounting for 10.2% of total fatal crashes; and
- 70,000 injury head-on collisions, accounting for 4.1% of all injury crashes
Head-on crashes occur when a driver, for one reason or another, is traveling in the wrong direction or in the wrong lane against oncoming traffic and collides with another vehicle. Common causes of head-on collisions include:
- Distracted driving: A driver who is distracted by texting, talking on a cell phone, eating, drinking, manipulating electronic gadgets, or talking to passengers is not operating the vehicle with his or her full attention. Speak to a distracted driver injury attorney in Portland if you believe your crash was influenced by external factors.
- Drowsy driving: Many cases of head-on collisions are caused by drivers falling asleep at the wheel.
- Confusion over one-way roads: People relying on GPS to navigate may be at risk of a head-on collision when it fails to warn of a one-way road. Poor signage may also contribute to this type of accident.
- Improper passing on two-lane roads: To pass on a two-lane highway, it is necessary to navigate into the lane of oncoming traffic to get around the vehicle being passed. If not performed with skill and caution, this maneuver can lead to a deadly head-on collision.
- Driving under the influence: Drugs or alcohol can cause disorientation that may lead to a driver entering a lane against oncoming traffic. Our Portland drunk driving accident lawyer can fight for justice for you or an injured loved one.
Who Is Liable for a Head-On Collision in Portland?
To recover compensation for losses suffered in a head-on collision, you will need to show that the other driver was negligent and caused the crash. Factors required to prove negligence and liability include:
- The other driver had a duty of care
- The driver breached that duty
- The breach of duty caused damage
- That damage caused you physical, emotional, or financial suffering
Why Hire a Portland Head-On Collision Attorney?
Your recovery after a head-on collision will depend on proving that the other driver caused your losses. Our experienced Portland head-on accident attorneys can thoroughly investigate your accident, collect and preserve evidence, assess the full extent of your damages, and negotiate skillfully with insurance companies on your behalf. We can also fight for your compensation in court, if necessary.
Contact Us Today
At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we maintain a small caseload, so we can provide you with our undivided attention. We are honest and transparent with our clients and act at all times in their best interests. Call us right away to schedule a consultation if you or your loved one has been hurt in a head-on collision caused by someone else’s negligence.