Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Portland
A traumatic brain injury, or TBI, often leaves a person impaired and unable to function as they had prior to the injury. In many cases, a TBI is completely life-changing, leading to chronic pain, reduced function or disability, and a lifetime of challenges, or loss of life. If you are suffering from the effects of a TBI that was the result of negligent actions of another party, the attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help. Call today for a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
The attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC understand the legal and strategic aspects of brain injury cases. We bring unique capabilities to representing victims of traumatic brain injury, including:
- We are aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers. We will not hesitate to take your brain injury case to trial to seek to recover the maximum possible compensation.
- We maintain a small caseload so that we can give personal, undivided attention to the clients that we represent.
- We are honest and transparent with our clients, acting at all times in their best interests rather than our own.
Common Traumatic Brain Injuries
A brain injury can occur in a wide range of accidents. However, there are certain types of incidents in which they are more common, including:
- Automobile, bicycle, or motorcycle crashes
- Boating accidents
- Accidents at construction sites (e.g., objects falling from above, falling off of ladders or scaffolding)
- Sports accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
The potential damage from a TBI depends on the type of impact. Each type of injury can have effects that range from mild to severe.
- Concussion: An impact that causes the brain to move within the skull.
- Contusion: A bruise on the brain resulting from a blow to the head. This injury can require surgery and can result in serious long-term effects.
- Coup-Contrecoup: An impact so great that it causes the brain to strike against the skull on the opposite side. Both sides of the brain are damaged in these cases.
- Diffuse Axonal Injury: An impact so violent that it causes tears in the brain stem. This is an especially dangerous injury, one that frequently leads to loss of life.
- Penetrating Injury: The skull and brain are penetrated by an object. This can cause severe bleeding, blood clots, loss of oxygen flow or death. Multiple surgeries and other treatments may be necessary for those who survive.
Nearly three million Americans suffer a TBI each year. More than 5 million live with a long-term disability as the result of a TBI. In about ninety percent of these cases, patients are given treatment and released with no further complications. Less than two percent of TBIs result in death; however, traumatic brain injuries account for nearly a third of all injury-related deaths in the U.S.A.
Who is Liable?
Liability is typically found when the actions of another are responsible for the injury sustained. If a drunk or distracted driver struck your car and caused a brain injury, the negligent driver can be held accountable. If you slipped and fell due to unsafe walking surfaces at a commercial or public building, the owner, manager, or tenant may be held liable. If the brain injury was the result of the failure of an auto part or system, a manufacturer or retailer may be liable. Every case must be professionally investigated to identify all liable parties, and Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help.
Why You Need a Lawyer
The first step in moving your case forward is a full review of the facts in your case. An attorney with significant experience in brain injury cases can evaluate your situation against the standard of proof that is required for success, ensure the collection of vital evidence, witness statements, medical testimony, and an evaluation of the financial losses related to the traumatic brain injury, now and future.
Contact Us Today
Call Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for a free, confidential case consultation. We charge no fees unless we win.