Sports Injury Attorney in Portland
Sports activities, whether occurring at a school, park, college, or other field or court, carry a risk of injury. In some cases, sports injuries lead to lasting consequences, such as disabilities or in the most tragic cases, loss of life. If you or your child has been injured while playing sports, you have a right to seek compensation for what occurred. Contact our sports injury attorneys today for a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC has extensive experience with personal injury cases in Portland, including sports injuries. We have deep familiarity with injury law and how to pursue compensation in court, and the legal standards to prove liability. We urge you to contact us for help, as our firm offers significant benefits:
- We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience that has earned us an outstanding reputation and numerous recognitions from respected organizations.
- We are aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial to recover the maximum possible compensation.
- We maintain a small caseload so that we can give personal, undivided attention to the clients that we represent.
Types of Sports Injuries
Examples of common injuries that can occur as a result of sports activities include:
- Strained muscles
- Torn knee ligaments (ACL, MCL)
- Stress fractures
- Broken bones
- Neck or spinal injuries
- Brain injuries
Such injuries will require extensive treatment and a long recovery period, or a lifetime of care. In some cases, a person is left with permanent disabilities. It is imperative that legal assistance is retained as early as possible after the accident.
Who is Liable?
A sports injury claim will be based upon the fact that some reckless or negligent act caused the injuries. There are some circumstances that are the basis of an injury case filed in civil court, including but not limited to:
- Failure to provide safety equipment, or a player provided with defective safety equipment.
- Inadequate supervision.
- Failure to recognize the severity of an injury or to respond in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Coaching failures – e.g., inadequate instruction in what is involved to safely execute a sports maneuver.
When it can be established that an act of negligence contributed to the accident and injuries, liability could fall to a person, an organization or to several parties.
Why You Need a Lawyer
Most sports injury cases will hinge on whether or not you are able to establish that negligence directly caused the injury. Establishing negligence includes a wide range of actions taken by our team at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, including research, collecting and examining evidence, data from medical and other experts, and other actions.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has suffered a serious sports injury, contact Paulson Coletti Trial Lawyers, PC for a free consultation. We charge no legal fees unless we win.