Portland Nursing Home Abuse Lawyer
Thousands of elderly Americans have been the victims of nursing home abuse. This type of mistreatment is unconscionable, but unfortunately it is not uncommon. Our lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC are prepared to work with victims of elder abuse and their families to ensure their voices are heard.
We understand the complex nature of these cases and the suffering our clients have experienced. Our goal is to respond with compassionate and caring counsel, while at the same time fighting aggressively to protect your rights and pursue justice on your behalf.
Understanding the Nature of Nursing Home Abuse
Many cases of nursing home abuse are the result of understaffing or insufficient training of staff members. Some cases involve physical abuse, while others may involve emotional abuse, neglect, financial abuse, sexual abuse, or psychological abuse. As a family member of someone in a nursing home, it is very important to know the signs of abuse and to remain vigilant in order to protect your loved one’s safety and health.
Warning signs that may indicate abuse include:
- Sudden changes in your loved one’s mood patterns or personality, including increased withdrawal
- Unexplained injuries, including broken bones, bruises, or cuts
- Odd financial decisions, including large withdrawals or other requests
- Weight loss
- Changes in appetite
- Signs of fear or discomfort around facility staff members or a specific staff member
Representation in Portland and Throughout Oregon
If you have reason to believe that your loved one is suffering abuse or neglect in a long-term care facility, do not hesitate to take immediate action. Contact the proper authorities, and discuss your case with the Portland personal injury lawyers at our firm to learn about your options.
Our lawyers have successfully pursued justice for victims of elder abuse throughout the Oregon. Our ability to provide compassionate service marked by integrity and a commitment to justice is what sets our law firm apart.
Some of our results include:
- Verdict for family of woman who wandered away from care facility and died.
- Verdict for family of man who got bedsores at the VA, and eventually died, from failure to timely turn and care for him after surgery.
- Confidential settlement for woman with dementia who was sexually abused by another resident in a care facility.
Contact our firm to schedule a complimentary case review.