Ridesharing (Lyft, Uber) Injury Attorney in Portland
Ridesharing services such as Lyft and Uber, also known as Transportation Network Companies (TNCs), have taken over a large percentage of the transportation sector. If you’re injured in an accident while using Uber or Lyft services, what are your rights? Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help you navigate the process and will pursue the maximum possible compensation for you.
Why Choose Us
- We are aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial to recover the maximum possible compensation.
- We maintain a small caseload so that we can give personal, undivided attention to the clients that we choose to represent.
- We work on a contingency basis, and there is no attorney fee to you unless we win.
Rideshare Insurance Laws in Portland and throughout Oregon
In Washington state, the transportation services company is required to provide insurance that is in effect when a driver is logged into the TNCs digital network or is transporting passengers. Oregon law is similar, with the exception that TNCs are prohibited from encouraging drivers to secure their own coverage.
Who is Liable?
Even though the driver of a rideshare vehicle is using their personal car to provide ride service, they are only considered to be working for the ridesharing company while logged in and searching for passengers, on their way to pick up passengers, or delivering a passenger to their destination. Accidents that occur during these periods are covered under the insurance provided by the TNC.
If the driver is not engaged in those activities, any accident will be covered under the driver’s personal insurance policy. If a driver of another vehicle causes an accident to occur while you are riding in a rideshare vehicle, a claim can be filed with the negligent driver’s insurance policy, or in a lawsuit filed in civil court – the amount of insurance coverage may not be adequate to cover the extent of the damages.
If an investigation performed by Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC reveals that the TNC did not perform due diligence on the driver, the service may be liable. This could include employing a driver who does not meet state eligibility standards, for reasons including any of the following issues:
- A felony conviction within the past 10 years
- A felony conviction involving actual or attempted physical harm, no matter what the date
- Listing in the National Sex Offender Registry
- Misdemeanors including theft, robbery, sex crimes, drugs or certain other offenses
- Traffic crimes
- Drunk driving related crashes
- More than five traffic violations in a three-year period
- Previous suspension or revocation of driving privileges
Why You Need a Lawyer
The details of a ridesharing accident will vary widely. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident with an Uber or Lyft driver, or while a passenger, it is imperative that you are represented by an experienced trial attorney from Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC. Our experience at trial, understanding of the complex issues in ridesharing accidents, along with our dedication to the people we represent can help you achieve justice and full compensation.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a ridesharing accident, contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC. for a free and confidential case evaluation.