Defective Highway Design In Portland
Auto Accidents Caused by Dangerous Roadways
Statistically, some roads and highways are more prone to auto accidents than others. While not always the case, sometimes roads are defective by design. If enough evidence is shown to reinforce this, then people injured in auto accidents on these roads could file claims against the entity that manufactured the road or is responsible for maintaining the road.
While driver error is the most common cause of car accidents, don’t settle for just the insurance money if you believe there was something more to your accident. Contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC to discuss the possibility of defective highway design.
Entrust Your Case to Our Capable Firm
The Portland car accident lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC are among the best in the region. We are consistently voted one of the “Best Law Firms” by US News in categories like personal injury for plaintiffs. Overall, we have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. We don’t take on every case, only those that we truly believe in and believe we can win. We do this to keep our caseload small so that we can give the appropriate time and attention to each client.
We have been able to secure many favorable results for car accident victims, including:
- $1.2 Million verdict secured for a woman who suffered a brain injury in an accident caused by improper highway maintenance
- $1.1 Million settlement for our client who was a passenger in a vehicle that sustained a serious brain injury in an accident
- $1 Million settlement for a family who lost their husband and father in a fatal motor vehicle accident
Types of Defects That Make Roads Dangerous
While this is not a comprehensive list, nor are the following factors always grounds for a defective highway claim, these types of road conditions can potentially lead to injury claims:
- Improperly maintained brush (overgrown foliage, etc.)
- No street lights / inadequate lighting
- Missing traffic delineators
- Missing signage (stop signs, yield signs, downed intersection lights, etc.)
- Improper drainage, leading to dangerous amounts of water pooling on the road
Portland Car Accident Attorneys – Pursuing Justice for Victims
If you or someone you love was injured in an auto accident and you suspect a road defect was the cause, we invite you to contact our firm. Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC acts as an advocate for the wrongfully injured, giving a voice to those whose stories must be heard. Call us at (503) 226-6361 or fill out a free case review form to get in touch with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Portland.