Texting Driver Accident Attorney in Portland
Hit By a Driver Who Was Texting While Driving?
Of the most severe types of distraction is texting while driving. Statistics reveal that distracted driving practices lead to more than 400,000 injuries every year. Distraction can be visual, manual, and cognitive. Texting while driving is as dangerous as it is because it combines all three. If you were involved in a car crash with a driver who was texting, we invite you to contact our Portland texting driver accident lawyer.
Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC have helped wrongfully injured individuals recover millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements. Call us today to discuss your options.
Texting and Driving Statistics: Oregon & Nationwide
Many have called distracted driving an epidemic, and it certainly has reached those proportions – especially in the younger demographic. Below are some troubling statistics about texting & driving:
- 27 percent of distracted drivers that cause fatal crashes are in their 20s.
- The National Occupant Protection Use Survey reveals that at any given moment, there are 660,000 people using cellphones while driving.
- Sending or receiving a text message takes a driver’s eyes off the road, on average, for five seconds.
- Oregon Department of Transportation accident statistics reveal that driver inattention is the seventh leading cause of error leading to crashes.
A thorough investigation can prove negligence on behalf of a texting driver. Before you talk with an insurance company or accept any sort of agreement, we strongly encourage you to contact our Portland car accident law firm to learn your legal rights and options.
Why Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC?
Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC is a Portland-based injury law firm that represents wrongfully injured individuals in Portland and throughout Oregon. We have more than 100 years of collective legal experience and have won millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for people injured in car accidents.
We are consistently recognized for our efforts in the field of Portland personal injury litigation, including honors such as:
- Best Law Firms by US News
- Best Lawyers – Lawyer of the Year
- Oregon Super Lawyers®
- Best Lawyers in America
If you’re looking for a law firm to represent you after being hit by a texting driver, we invite you to contact us. Initial consultations are free and if we represent you, there is no attorney fee unless we win your case.