Eugene Car Accident Lawyer
Car accidents are often-preventable disasters that injure victims and take lives every day. In 2017 alone, Oregon reported 28,397 injury car accidents and 403 fatal crashes. Distracted, reckless and negligent drivers are often behind car wrecks. If you or a loved one has injuries from a motor vehicle accident in Eugene, an at-fault driver or someone else may be liable for your damages. Please call Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC at (503) 226-6361 for a free consultation. We may be able to help you negotiate for fair compensation from the at-fault party.
Hire Our Eugene Car Accident Lawyers
- We are committed to excellence – not only in the results we secure but in helping the people behind each case we accept.
- We have a track record that proves our dedication. We have obtained hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of clients in our years as a law firm.
- We are true courtroom attorneys. Our lawyers believe in the advantages of a trial by jury. Our skilled trial advocates can help your case go the distance.
- We take car accident cases in Eugene on a contingency fee basis. You will pay nothing in attorney’s fees unless we win your car crash case.
What Causes Car Accidents the Most in Oregon?
Human error is the most frequent cause of vehicle accidents in Eugene and throughout Oregon. Drivers can make many errors behind the wheel that result in preventable vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian collisions. Oregon crash statistics rank the top 10 driver errors in order of how many crashes they caused in 2017.
- Colliding with the rear of another driver
- Failing to yield the right-of-way
- Running a vehicle off the road
- Driving too fast for roadway or weather conditions
- Failing to keep within the lane
- Following another driver too closely (tailgating)
- Failing to pay attention to the road
- Failing to slow down for slower-moving vehicles
- Turning left into oncoming traffic
- Ignoring traffic control devices
Other common causes of Eugene car accidents include crossing animals, bad weather, drunk driving, crashes with trucks, roadway defects (e.g. potholes and loose gravel) and vehicle defects. Identifying the cause of your recent car accident is a task we can take over for you at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC. Then, we can help you go up against that party for compensation.
How to File a Claim in Eugene
Oregon uses traditional fault-based insurance laws, with a twist. It is not a true no-fault state, but it does require all insurance policies to contain no-fault insurance (personal injury protection coverage). After an accident, a driver in Oregon can decide whether to file an insurance claim with his or her provider or to bring a lawsuit against the at-fault party. The right move for your case will depend on many factors, including the seriousness of your injuries and insurance coverage available. Our attorneys can help you determine the correct path for you.
If you wish to bring a claim against the at-fault driver, you must do so within two years of the auto accident. This is Oregon’s personal injury claim statute of limitations, with a few exceptions. You will file your claim by filling out the correct paperwork, naming the defendant in your claim and submitting it to the Lane County civil courts by your deadline. The lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help you with each step of the filing process. Then, we can help you fight for full compensation.
Speak to a Eugene Car Accident Lawyer Today
If a driver, car manufacturer, property owner, employer, company, individual or the City of Eugene reasonably should have prevented your recent car accident, Oregon’s civil laws may entitle you to financial compensation for your damages. The award you receive might cover your vehicle repairs, medical bills, lost wages, physical pain and emotional suffering. Ask about the potential value of your car accident claim in Eugene today. We know how to maximize recovery awards using proven legal strategies. Schedule a free consultation at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC today.