Vancouver, WA Wrongful Death Lawyer
A wrongful death case involves the death of a loved due to the negligence of another, whether a car accident, fall, medical error, or another incident. When another party fails to act responsibly, and that act results in a death, a legal action can be filed to hold that party accountable for what occurred. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we are committed to seeking the maximum possible in damages in cases of wrongful death in Vancouver, Washington. Call us for help.
Why Choose Us
As the premier personal injury law firm in Vancouver, WA, Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC brings exceptional legal talents to cases of wrongful death, including:
- We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience, have an excellent reputation in the legal community, and an extensive record of positive case outcomes.
- We are aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers. In cases of wrongful death, we can take your case to civil court to help you seek maximum possible compensation.
- We work with a small number of clients, allowing us to provide personal, undivided attention to the people we represent in cases of wrongful death.
Causes of Wrongful Death
A wrongful death claim is made when there is evidence that a death has resulted from the negligent, reckless, or intentionally harmful actions of another party. The estate of the deceased person holds the right to file a lawsuit against the responsible party. These cases are commonly related to the death of a loved one, including but not limited to:
- Automobile Accidents: These events can be caused by behavior including driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, texting, speeding, reckless driving, or other negligent driving behavior.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial truck drivers may operate a truck while fatigued, driving under the influence, unevenly loaded truck, driving too fast for conditions, unsafe speeds or other negligent driving behavior.
- Bicycle Accidents: If a negligent vehicle operator impacts a cyclist, a death can occur.
- Motorcycle Accidents: When another driver fails to observe a motorcyclist and causes an accident leading to death, a wrongful death case can be filed to recover damages.
- Defective Products: This category can include anything from an exploding airbag to a consumer product that failed to warn consumers of risks in using the products.
- Medical Malpractice or Medication Errors: Medical errors, medication errors and other cases of medical negligence can lead to the death of a loved one.
- Intentional Harm: An intentional act of harm resulting from another person’s criminal act.
- Workplace Accidents: Deaths resulting from hazardous workplace conditions, inadequate training or safety equipment, faulty equipment, electrocutions, falls, and other incidents.
Who is Liable?
Determination of liability in such cases is based on the circumstances surrounding the death. Depending upon the facts in the case, a negligent party can be held liable, including a driver, medical professional, vehicle manufacturer, product manufacturer, school, college, or other party. Several parties may be named in a lawsuit filed in civil court.
Damages You Can Recover
In a wrongful death lawsuit, damages can be awarded to the immediate family members of the deceased. Compensation can be sought for:
- Loss of companionship
- Lost income, including lost net economic gain
- Pre-death pain, suffering or emotional damages
- Loss of consortium
- Medical expenses prior to death
- Funeral expenses
Why You Need a Lawyer
When a wrongful death occurs, life is changed forever. A wrongful death case can be a difficult legal matter to resolve and should be managed by an experienced trial lawyer. While some cases are settled out of court, in many cases a lawsuit must be filed in civil court for justice to be achieved. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we are experienced trial lawyers and can help you pursue the maximum compensation possible under the law. The most critical point in the success of a wrongful death lawsuit is the experience of your legal counsel. Contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for help.
Contact Us Today
If you lost a loved one as the result of the negligent or reckless actions of another party, Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help. Contact our Vancouver wrongful death attorney for a free, confidential case evaluation.