Vancouver, WA Motorcycle Accident Attorney
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, persons who drive motorcycles are 28 times more likely to die in a collision than car drivers. Riders are at far higher risk of suffering catastrophic or fatal injuries than any other vehicle operator. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident caused by another driver in Vancouver or anywhere in Washington, call Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC to evaluate the facts of your case. Our mission is to secure justice for the injured and we have an extensive record of success, both in and out of court.
Why Choose Us
Our personal injury legal team is available to provide legal representation to victims in motorcycle accident cases. We offer a powerful level of knowledge and experience:
- We aggressive negotiators and experienced trial lawyers. We will not hesitate to take your case to trial to recover the maximum possible compensation.
- We have more than 50 years of combined legal experience, earning us an excellent reputation and numerous recognitions and awards for our legal work.
- We work on a contingency fee basis. There is no fee to you unless we win your case.
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
In Washington, 15.1 percent of road accident fatalities are motorcyclists, according to the Governor’s Highway Safety Associates. Every year, families are devastated by the sudden loss of a loved one who has been fatally injured while riding. Motorcyclists who survive an accident are often seriously injured, with many facing a lifetime of challenges due to impairments.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
While motorcycle accidents can occur due to an error by the rider, in many cases, the cause of the accident lies with another vehicle operator who drove in a reckless or negligent manner, including:
- Impacting a motorcyclist in an intersection, while making a turn.
- Colliding with a motorcycle from behind at a stoplight or stop sign.
- Changing lanes and colliding with a motorcyclist.
- A distracted driver who is talking on the phone, texting, or engaged in other distracted driving behavior.
- Drunk driving.
- Speeding, illegal turns, merges, or other violations of traffic laws.
In some cases, a motorcycle part or system such as brakes or tires has failed, affecting the ability of the motorcyclist to control the vehicle. In others, streets, roads or highways may not have been safe, and a city, county, or state entity may be named in a lawsuit.
Who is Liable?
In cases of negligent driving conduct by another party, the driver must be held accountable for the injuries and other damages suffered by the motorcyclist. In cases in which a motorcycle part or system failed, the motorcycle manufacturer, parts manufacturer, or retailer may be named in a lawsuit brought to seek compensatory damages. The process of filing a claim or lawsuit should be initiated as early as possible after the accident. Eyewitnesses must be interviewed, the accident scene reviewed, video or other evidence collected, and the vehicles involved fully inspected. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we have access to experts to perform these critical tasks.
Damages You Can Recover
The damages pursued in a motorcycle accident injury case will include:
- Medical expenses, including long-term care or rehabilitation
- Lost income or earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
Why You Need a Lawyer
It is often assumed that a motorcycle accident is the fault of the motorcyclist, but this is far from true. To successfully bring a lawsuit against another party after such an accident, it is imperative that you are represented by an experienced trial lawyer who can take your case to civil court for resolution when necessary. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we have a reputation for excellence in our legal work in personal injury law in Vancouver.
Contact Us Today
If you or a loved one has been seriously or fatally injured in a motorcycle accident in Vancouver, Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help. We offer a free and confidential case evaluation.