Seattle Surgical Error Lawyer
A surgical error could give you grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit if a reasonable surgeon would not have made the same error under similar circumstances. If you believe you have an injury or a loved one passed away due to a preventable surgical error in Seattle, please contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC to request a free legal consultation. You may be eligible for financial restitution.
Why Choose Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC?
- Our clients come first. We only accept selective cases – those we truly believe in – to keep our caseload manageable. That way, our medical malpractice lawyers can devote themselves fully to their clients.
- Our firm is highly community-focused. We are proud of our excellent reputation in the community and recognition from respected organizations. We give back regularly by lending our skill, time and resources in Seattle.
- Our surgical error attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis. We do not charge fees on cases we lose. You will only ever have to pay our fees out of an award won, and only if we win.
Examples of Avoidable Surgical Errors
It is a physician’s duty to fully inform a patient of known potential complications, risks and drawbacks associated with an operation. A doctor must also inform the patient of its benefits, what might happen without the surgery and potential alternatives. What no patient should have to prepare for, however, is the possibility of a negligence-related error during the procedure.
- Failing to obtain the patient’s informed consent
- Failing to prepare the patient for surgery
- Not planning for the surgery
- Operating while drunk, intoxicated or drowsy
- Operating on the wrong patient or part of the body
- Not communicating with other members of the surgical team
- Performing the wrong procedure
- Failing to properly intubate or anesthetize the patient
- Nicking an artery
- Severing a nerve
- Causing a spinal cord injury
- Causing brain hypoxia or a brain injury
- Leaving a foreign object inside the body cavity
- Failing to give post-operative care instructions
Any surgical error could end in disaster. Surgery is already risky enough without medical mistakes compromising patient safety and health. If you suspect a medical professional of making an error that ultimately injured you or took the life of a loved one, contact our Seattle medical malpractice lawyers for a free consultation. We may be able to help you hold one or multiple defendants accountable.
Common Patient Outcomes Due to Surgical Errors
A minor surgical error does not exist. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we believe all surgical mistakes are serious and should be treated as such. We have seen first-hand how dramatically a negligent error can affect a patient on the operating table. Injured patients may suffer serious injuries that impact them for life.
- Blood clots
- Pulmonary embolisms
- Uncontrollable bleeding
- Permanent nerve damage
- Muscle damage
- Brain injury
- Serious infections
- Severe emotional injuries
- Wrongful death
If during our investigation we find evidence that the surgeon or another health care provider involved in your care committed a tort that caused or contributed to your injury or illness, we can help you bring a claim to damages against the appropriate defendant. This could be an independent contractor, the hospital or surgical center, or a third party. We have the power to help you go up against any defendant in Seattle.
Contact a Seattle Surgical Error Attorney Today
It is important to immediately protect yourself with a lawyer once you discover the possibility of a surgical error. Hospitals and surgical centers may refute liability for mistakes made in their operating rooms. Health care providers must take your claim seriously, however, if a lawyer is representing you. Maximize your chances of securing fair compensation for you or a loved one’s surgical error by hiring an attorney. Request a free consultation in Seattle with our lawyers today. Contact us online or call (503) 226-6361.