Seattle Bicycle Injury Lawyer
A bicycle accident could cause serious injuries that impact you now and in the future. Broken bones, lower extremity injuries, hip fractures, muscle sprains, road rash, neck injuries, head injuries and traumatic brain injury are all common injuries that affect bicycle accident victims. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we represent bicycle accident victims in personal injury lawsuits in Seattle and throughout Washington. You may be eligible for compensation from one or multiple parties. Find out more today during a free consultation with our lawyers.
Why Choose Our Bicycle Accident Lawyers?
- We have the experience in bicycle accident law you need for a strong claim to damages.
- We use client-centric legal strategies to achieve our clients’ goals.
- We have a history of positive case results, gained through hard work and commitment.
- We are true trial attorneys who are not afraid to bring defendants to court in King County.
- We take Seattle bicycle injury clients on a contingency fee basis.
- Our Seattle personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling car accidents, truck accidents, and medical malpractice.
Do You Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney?
Washington uses fault-based insurance laws to determine liability after bicycle accidents. You must identify the person who caused your bike accident and file your claim against that person’s insurance provider. Then, you or an attorney will have to prove that party’s fault for your collision to obtain financial relief. A lawyer can assist you with all the steps involved in bringing a claim, all while protecting your rights and arguing for maximum compensation on your behalf. Trusting an attorney to handle your case can give you the peace of mind you need to focus on healing.
What Causes Seattle Bicycle Accidents?
Bicyclists are vulnerable road users, meaning they are more prone to serious injuries in collisions than motor vehicle drivers. Drivers should, therefore, exercise due care when operating around bicyclists. Unfortunately, drivers and other parties may breach these duties and cause serious collisions. In 2016, 17 bicyclists in Washington died and hundreds suffered injuries in traffic accidents. Bicyclists accounted for 18.6% of traffic fatalities and 22.5% of serious traffic injuries in 2016. A bicycle accident could stem from many different causes in the City of Seattle.
- Driver error. Mistakes and negligence behind the wheel such as texting and driving, driving while distracted, driving drunk, breaking roadway rules, or driving drowsy can lead to a motorist striking a bicyclist in Seattle. All drivers in Washington must carry car insurance to cover victims’ damages after at-fault collisions.
- Bicycle defects. Many bicycle manufacturers and producers release bikes with dangerous inherent designs or product defects, such as missing bicycle chain links or bad brakes. These defects could cause bicyclists in Seattle to crash and sustain serious physical injuries. The manufacturers may be liable for these collisions.
- Dangerous roads. The City of Seattle has a legal responsibility to keep its roads reasonably safe. This duty requires regular roadway inspections, timely responses to complaints and high-quality road repairs. The neglect to fulfill these responsibilities could lead to many road-related hazards for bikers, including potholes, loose gravel, fallen trees and missing barricades.
Identifying the correct at-fault party is one of the tasks our investigators can handle on your behalf. With this information, we can file your personal injury claim against the right defendant(s) and pursue maximum compensation from their insurance providers.
Contact a Seattle Bicycle Injury Attorney
Regardless of who or what you believe caused your bicycle accident in Seattle, please contact the attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for a free consultation. We can review your accident case, explain your rights and help you file a claim for damages through all available outlets. We may be able to help you recover the costs of your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering damages, bicycle repairs, and more. Call (503) 226-6361 today to schedule your free case review in Seattle.