Seattle Emergency Room Error Attorney
Emergency rooms (ERs) are chaotic environments with plenty of room for errors. Hundreds of patients visit local emergency rooms in Seattle every day. Unfortunately, not every patient comes away feeling better than he or she did upon entering the ER. Medical malpractice and hospital negligence can contribute to some of these adverse outcomes. Errors by medical practitioners in emergency rooms can lead to devastating injuries, serious illnesses and even wrongful deaths.
If you have an injury due to negligent emergency room care, do not hesitate to contact an attorney from Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC. We can explain your rights as an injured patient, answer any questions you have about your claim and help you take the first steps toward obtaining justice. Call (503) 226-6361 to schedule your free consultation today.
Why Choose Our Medical Malpractice Lawyers?
- We understand emergency room errors. Our attorneys have decades of experience in this practice area – enough to know how to fight for maximum compensation.
- We can go to court in Washington for fair results. We are true trial attorneys, always prepared to go to trial on behalf of our medical malpractice clients.
- We work hard to make sure doctors, emergency rooms and insurance companies take responsibility for patient injuries.
- We can take over Seattle emergency room error cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning no legal fees unless we succeed in winning you compensation.
What Are Emergency Room Errors?
The law in Washington expects medical professionals to adhere to certain standards of care. All practitioners in the health care industry must obey specific laws, rules and regulations to provide proper care to patients. When doctors, nurses or facilities fall below these standards of care and cause patient injuries, victims have the legal right to bring causes of action pursuing financial recovery.
- Refusing to treat a patient who cannot pay
- Poor communication between practitioners
- Intubation, anesthesia and surgical errors
- Operating on the wrong patient
- Mixing up patient charts or medications
- Making incorrect or delayed diagnoses
- Failing to diagnose a condition, such as heart attack
- Medication prescription error
- Failing to maintain a safe and sanitary emergency room
To have grounds for a medical malpractice lawsuit after an ER error, someone must have owed you a duty of care, breached this duty and caused your injury. A lawyer from Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC may be able to help you collect evidence of an emergency room’s negligence or liability for your damages. Only then may you recover compensation.
Common Injuries, Losses and Damages
ER negligence can lead to health disasters that a patient otherwise would have avoided. These can include infections, brain hypoxia, brain damage, hemorrhages, overdoses, heart attacks and many other injuries, illnesses and conditions. An injured patient may have to pay for additional health care costs, on top of dealing with lost wages and emotional injuries. A patient may never fully recover from the harm he or she suffered due to a negligent emergency room practitioner.
In Washington, a successful medical malpractice claim could lead to reimbursement for many related economic and noneconomic damages. An insurance settlement or jury verdict in Seattle could yield compensation for your past and future medical expenses, disability costs, lost income, legal fees, loss of consortium, physical pain and emotional suffering. Although we cannot guarantee results, we have obtained dozens of awards for past medical malpractice clients through our hard work and commitment.
Contact a Seattle Emergency Room Error Attorney Today
Protect your rights as an injured patient by contacting Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC after an alleged emergency room error in Seattle. Discuss your potential medical malpractice lawsuit with a lawyer who may be able to help you recover. Please call (503) 226-6361 or contact us online now to request a free consultation.