Salem Emergency Room Error Lawyer
Visiting Salem Health Hospital, Oregon State Hospital or another emergency room in Oregon should offer solutions to your injury, illness or condition – not add to your health problems or cause new ones. Unfortunately, emergency rooms can contain many hazards that ultimately harm patients. If you believe an emergency room error in Salem caused or contributed to your recent injuries, contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC to request a free initial consultation. Our attorneys can review your case and offer legal advice at no risk to you.
Why Do Clients Choose Us?
- We are aggressive litigators. Our attorneys will not hesitate to take your emergency room negligence case to court in Marion County if that is what we believe is necessary for fair compensation.
- We obtain real results. The hard work, dedication and tailored legal strategies of our Salem medical malpractice attorneys have resulted in positive case outcomes for hundreds of clients over the years. Our lawyers have secured hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of clients.
- We are affordable. We accept Salem emergency room error claims on a contingency fee basis, meaning you will only pay our service fees if we win your case, and only then out of the award obtained.
What Are Emergency Room Errors?
Emergency room errors can include all types of mistakes an ER or one of its employees make during a patient’s care. For an emergency room error to qualify you to bring a medical malpractice claim, however, it must involve a breach of duty of care, causation for your illness or injury, and provable damages suffered. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we can help clients bring malpractice claims after many types of emergency room errors.
- Refusing to provide care to a patient
- Failing to diagnose or misdiagnosing a patient’s condition
- Failing to refer the patient to a specialist
- Misreading the patient’s test results or imaging scans
- Mixing up two patients’ charts
- Prescribing a patient the wrong medication or dosage
- Administering the wrong drug to a patient
- Failing to provide emergency care or life-saving surgeries
- Miscommunicating with other staff members
- Failing to properly intubate a patient
- Making preventable mistakes in administering care
- Failing to follow up with a patient
- Maintaining an unsafe or unsanitary premises
If you are unsure whether the error that injured you constitutes medical malpractice, consult with our attorneys for free in Salem. We can provide a free case review and let you know if we believe your claim has the elements of a lawsuit. If so, we can help you file the correct paperwork and demand fair compensation from the correct defendant before Oregon’s deadline.
Who Is Liable?
If your lawyer can prove the medical professional and/or facility in question failed to follow the required standards of medical care during your treatment, and that this is what caused your injury or illness, you could receive compensation for your damages. Identifying the appropriate defendant, however, can be difficult.
The emergency room might be liable if it directly contributed to the incident, such as through negligent hiring or retention practices or an unsafe premises. The ER might also be vicariously liable for the errors of its staff members, including hired physicians, nurses and technicians. If the at-fault party was an independent contractor at the hospital, the individual might be liable instead.
Contact a Salem Emergency Room Error Attorney Today
Emergency room errors that cause patient injuries and deaths are almost always preventable. As the victim of one of these mistakes, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation from the ER, an individual, a medical device manufacturer or another party. The lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help you pursue the compensation your injury, illness or a loved one’s death demands. Call (503) 226-6361 or contact us online today to schedule your free initial consultation in with our Salem personal injury lawyers.