Tacoma Birth Injury Attorney
Medical malpractice by any team member involved in a mother’s pregnancy or the delivery of her child could lead to a serious and preventable birth injury for the infant. Medical malpractice refers to going outside of the accepted standards of care in the medical industry – often resulting in harm to patients. When medical malpractice causes a birth injury, the family may be eligible for financial damages.
If you recently discovered your child has a serious birth injury, please contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC to request a free consultation with an attorney. We provide compassionate and smart legal representation to families wronged by medical malpractice in Tacoma in delivery settings, emergency rooms, birthing centers and hospitals. Call (503) 226-6361 today.
Why Choose Our Birth Injury Lawyers?
- We know how to proceed to trial with birth injury claims in Washington if insurance settlement negotiations fail to achieve resolutions.
- We put our clients first – above everything else. We will always put your best interests above our own. We are committed to our clients and the Tacoma community.
- We have obtained outstanding results for past clients, including multimillion-dollar awards for birth injury claimants.
- We represent clients on a contingency fee basis during Tacoma birth injury lawsuits. No fees unless we win.
Common Types of Birth Injuries
Birth injuries can be catastrophic for child victims. They may affect the development of the brain during critical phases, leading to conditions such as cerebral palsy or cognitive delays. Even minor birth injuries can be painful, emotionally traumatic and expensive. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, our attorneys strive to obtain justice for infants with all types of birth injuries throughout Washington.
- Broken bones
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Brain damage
- Permanent disabilities
- Cerebral palsy
- Erb’s palsy
- Klumpke’s palsy
- Nerve damage
- Shoulder injuries
- Facial paralysis
- Severe untreated jaundice
We also help parents bring wrongful death lawsuits in Tacoma for devastating fatal birth injuries that stem from negligence. Regardless of the injury, illness or condition a doctor has diagnosed your child with, please contact our attorneys for a free consultation in Pierce County. We may be able to help your family recover compensation.
Do You Have the Elements of a Birth Injury Lawsuit?
Discovering that your child has an injury acquired during, before or shortly after birth can be distressing as a parent. You might immediately wonder if someone else was to blame – such as a doctor who should have been protecting your best interests and that of your unborn child. Not every birth injury will give you grounds to file a lawsuit, however. Medical malpractice must be behind your infant’s injury to file in Tacoma.
- Poor patient care during pregnancy
- Failure to monitor fetal vital signs during labor and delivery
- Misdiagnosis of or failure to diagnose a maternal or fetal condition
- Prescription or medication errors
- Preventable mistakes made during labor
- Failure to order an emergency C-section
- Defective medical devices
- Failure to use birth-assisting tools safely and correctly
- Unsanitary premises/tools and related infections
In general, you or your medical malpractice attorney have to prove that the defendant owed you a duty of care, did not fulfill this duty and in doing so caused your child’s birth injury. A lawyer from Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help you gather evidence to prove the elements necessary to obtain compensation. We can represent you during a claim based on any type of medical negligence and birth injury in Washington.
Request a Free Consultation Today
A risk-free meeting with our attorneys can educate you about your legal rights and options as the parent of an injured infant after a difficult or complicated birth. Whether your child’s injury occurred before, during or shortly after birth, we can help you understand the laws related to obtaining compensation. Your family could be eligible for a birth injury settlement or verdict. Discuss your unique case in more detail during a free consultation in Tacoma. Submit our client intake form online or call (503) 226-6361 today.