Hillsboro Truck Accident Lawyer
Trucking companies have many duties of care and legal responsibilities over the safety of their transports. They must hire safe drivers, properly train them, inspect their fleets regularly and obey federal safety laws. If a trucking company violates any of these duties to save time or resources, it has committed negligence. When negligence causes preventable trucking accidents, victims and their loved ones may bring civil claims in Oregon.
If you or a loved one has a serious injury from a Hillsboro truck accident, contact the lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for a free legal consultation. Our truck accident attorneys know how to navigate the specific laws these crash cases involve. We may be able to negotiate a settlement or positive verdict on your behalf.
What Makes Us the Right Choice?
- You will benefit from one-on-one care from your attorney. Our law firm takes on a limited caseload, giving our lawyers enough time to dedicate individual attention to each client.
- You will have confidence in the abilities of your lawyer. We have proven our commitment to excellence through peer recognition, high-value results and years of positive client testimonials.
- You will only pay out of a settlement or award won. Our legal services come on a contingency fee basis, with $0 owed in upfront legal costs. You will only pay if we win – and only then out of the compensation secured, not out of your pocket.
Do You Need to Retain a Lawyer?
You might think you could save time and money by handling truck accident claim negotiations on your own. Taking on an insurance company unrepresented, however, could encourage a corporation to talk you out of a fair settlement. Hiring a lawyer gives you the knowledge and skills to negotiate with an insurer for a higher settlement amount. A lawyer could help you secure better compensation for your truck accident injuries, even after the subtraction of his or her legal fees.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Oregon
In 2017, 2,833 traffic collisions in Oregon involved medium to heavy trucks. Most auto accidents in Oregon occur due to driver errors. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we can return to the scene of your truck accident to search for clues as to fault. Our lawyers can preserve evidence such as the truck’s black box or the driver’s cellphone records. We can first determine the cause of your crash, then identify the defendant.
- Truck driver negligence
- Distracted driving
- Texting and driving
- Eating and drinking
- Driving under the influence
- Speeding or reckless driving
- Failing to check a blind spot
- Using the incorrect braking technique
- Failing to properly secure cargo
- Breaking federal laws
- Negligent hiring or training practices
- Engaging in poor truck maintenance
In most truck accident cases in Hillsboro, the company responsible for the truck and/or driver will be liable. Even if the truck driver was an independent contractor (rather than an employee) and the company leased the truck from another owner, federal law will hold the trucking company vicariously liable for damages. When also represent those who have been involved in motorcycle accidents and car accidents in Hillsboro. Our attorneys can help you fight against a powerful truck company in pursuit of fair compensation in Washington County.
You May Be Eligible for Recovery
Seeking financial recovery from a truck company with assistance from Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC could end in a fair award for your economic and noneconomic damages. The defendant may have to pay for your vehicle damages, lost wages, and past and future medical bills. Your lawyer may also be able to attain an award for physical pain, emotional turmoil and psychological distress.
Each truck accident case in Hillsboro is unique. Discuss what yours might be worth during a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys. We can answer your truck accident questions and provide a free, comprehensive case review at our local law office or a location convenient for you. Call (503) 226-6361 or send us a message online today to schedule your initial meeting.