Hillsboro Birth Injury Attorney
Birth injuries arise during many deliveries. Complications often occur naturally, even with proper medical oversight during pregnancy and labor. Other birth injuries, however, would not have occurred were it not for the negligence or carelessness of a medical professional. You trust your physician to do what is best for you and your child. Unfortunately, he or she can make mistakes that threaten your child’s health and safety.
If you suspect a physician or hospital in Oregon is guilty of medical malpractice that interfered with your pregnancy or the birth of your child, contact the Hillsboro birth injury lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for a free consultation. You could be eligible for compensation.
Why Clients Choose Us
- We have aggressive negotiators and experienced trial attorneys who will not hesitate to take your birth injury case to trial for maximum compensation.
- We control the number of cases we take on, only choosing those we believe we can win. This enables us to provide undivided attention to each client.
- We have over a century of legal experience among our lawyers. We have managed to secure hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of our clients.
- We accept Hillsboro birth injury and medical malpractice claims on a contingency fee basis, with no fees for lost cases.
When to Call a Lawyer in Hillsboro
A birth injury could affect your child for life. Physical scarring, disfigurement, loss of mobility, cognitive challenges and developmental delays could have lasting effects on your infant. Do not accept the first settlement an insurance company offers you after you file a birth injury claim in Hillsboro. Insurance companies often lowball initial settlements to see how little they can pay claimants. Instead, hire an attorney to negotiate a just settlement on your behalf. A lawyer can navigate Oregon’s medical malpractice laws and help your family achieve top results.
Do You Have a Claim?
You or your lawyer must have proof of someone else’s negligence to file a lawsuit for a birth injury in Hillsboro, Oregon. Not all infant injuries will give rise to medical malpractice lawsuits. Your attorney must show proof of four main elements for a valid claim, in most cases.
- The doctor or another defendant owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant breached his or her duties of care under medical industry standards.
- The defendant’s negligence or recklessness caused your child’s birth injury.
- You or your child has damages as a result of the malpractice.
A breach of duty of care can refer to any action or omission another physician would not have committed in similar circumstances. Your lawyer might need to hire a medical expert within the same profession as the defendant to help establish the duty of care and medical negligence in your birth injury case. Working with Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC could give you the resources to help prove your case.
Compensation Available for Birth Injuries in Oregon
If your lawyer succeeds in establishing the validity of your claim, the courts in Washington County might award you a verdict. A jury verdict could cover damages such as your child’s past and future medical bills, special education, therapies, medical devices, pain and suffering, lost quality of life, and the legal costs associated with your medical malpractice claim. Discuss the value of your Hillsboro birth injury claim today. Contact us to request a free consultation.
Contact a Birth Injury Lawyer Near You
Do not wait to contact an attorney if you believe medical negligence caused your child’s birth injury. The Portland personal injury lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC can help clients with cases involving nerve damage, facial paralysis, brain injuries, shoulder dystocia, spine injuries, traumatic injuries, broken bones, soft-tissue injuries, other serious injuries and wrongful death. Discuss your particular case in more detail today. Call (503) 226-6361 to speak to our birth injury lawyers.