Hillsboro Emergency Room Error Attorney
When you visit an emergency room (ER) in Hillsboro, you expect the facility and its staff members to uphold the accepted standards of care in the medical industry. This includes providing quality patient care, maintaining a reasonably safe premises and properly training its employees. If an ER fails to fulfill any of these duties of care, patients can suffer the consequences.
Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC is a personal injury law firm with experience taking emergency room error and medical malpractice cases to trial in Oregon. We may be able to help you obtain compensation for your recent injury or illness. Contact our lawyers today for a free legal consultation in Hillsboro.
Why Choose Us?
- We always put the client first. To us, success is not just about obtaining positive results but truly helping the people behind every case.
- We are true courtroom attorneys. We are successful trial advocates who have obtained many multimillion-dollar verdicts at trial in Oregon.
- We take pride in our community. We are always looking for ways to give back. Our attorneys regularly dedicate their time and resources to bettering Hillsboro.
- We accept cases on contingency. This payment arrangement means you will not pay for us to handle your Hillsboro emergency room error claim unless we succeed in securing you financial compensation.
Examples of Emergency Room Errors
The setting of an emergency room is different from a standard hospital. It is often busier and more chaotic. It can be easier for staff members to make critical errors that ultimately harm patients. In these situations, injured patients may be able to file causes of action for medical negligence. Many different types of emergency room errors could give rise to lawsuits in Oregon.
- Unsanitary or unsafe premises
- Mixed-up patient charts
- Misreading test results
- Patient discrimination
- Birth injury
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- Medication or prescription errors
- Failure to look into a patient’s medical history
- Negligent emergency response
- Improperly administered care
Not every adverse patient outcome or unpleasant experience at a local ER will give a claimant grounds to file a medical malpractice lawsuit in Oregon. A plaintiff bears the burden to prove that another emergency room would have done something differently in the same circumstances and that this would have prevented his or her damages, to have a valid lawsuit. The lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC may be able to help you collect evidence to prove your case.
Types of Damages Available for Emergency Room Negligence
The four main elements you will need to establish for a successful medical malpractice claim in Oregon are a standard of care owed, a violation of the medical industry’s standard of care, causation for your injuries and damages suffered. Damages can refer to both your losses and the compensation you could receive through a civil lawsuit.
- Medical bills
- ER or ICU costs
- Lost wages due to an additional injury
- Legal expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
The lawyer you hire to represent you during an emergency room error case could make a difference to its final outcome. Choose a lawyer with trial capabilities in case your medical malpractice claim needs to proceed to trial. Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC prepares all claims as if they will go to trial. Our attorneys and our clients are always ready for anything.
Contact a Medical Malpractice Lawyer in Hillsboro Today
Our attorneys can investigate your emergency room visit to search for signs and evidence of medical negligence. Then, we can help you build a claim against the ER to demand fair compensation. We have the power to take your claim to trial if that will be necessary for fair compensation. Start your case against an emergency room in Hillsboro with a free consultation at our local law office. Call (503) 226-6361 today.