Beaverton Surgical Error Lawyer
Undergoing surgery is frightening enough without the possibility of someone in the room making a preventable mistake. Despite years of training, medical industry safety standards and strict protocols at the hospital, thousands of surgeons and surgical staff members make avoidable errors during procedures. When medical negligence causes patient injuries, patients have the right to demand compensation through civil lawsuits in Oregon.
If you believe the surgical mistake or complication that injured you was preventable with an appropriate level of patient care, you might have grounds for a medical malpractice claim. Please contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC to discuss your case for free with a Beaverton surgical error attorney.
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
- We are aggressive about achieving results. Our attorneys will not hesitate to take surgical error cases to trial to obtain maximum compensation.
- We have used our abilities and resources to secure the results our clients need to move forward. We have obtained many seven-figure settlements and awards.
- We act at all times in the best interests of our clients, not our own. We believe in truly helping the people behind personal injury claims.
- We provide legal counsel at no risk to you. Initial consultations about surgical errors are free and we operate on a contingency fee basis.
How Can a Lawyer Help?
Taking on a health care facility such as a surgical center alone might not lead to maximum compensation for your injuries. Health care centers have aggressive defense teams that do not want what is best for you. Their insurance companies may try to undervalue your injuries or convince you your claim is invalid so they can save money. Hiring a lawyer enables you to combat bad faith tactics and argue for your true settlement value. A lawyer will want to maximize your payout. If an insurance company refuses to offer a reasonable settlement, your Beaverton medical malpractice lawyer can take the defendant to trial.
When Is an Error Malpractice?
The law does not expect surgeons and doctors to do everything perfectly, 100% of the time. Health care providers can legally make mistakes, even if they injure patients – but only if another reasonable and prudent person would have likely made the same mistake in the same circumstances. If you or your lawyer can prove that another medical provider would have done something differently during the surgery and prevented your injury or infection, the surgeon in question could be guilty of medical malpractice.
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Anesthesia errors
- Intubation errors
- Operating on the wrong patient
- Making an incision in the wrong site
- Performing the wrong surgery
- Unsanitized instruments
- Equipment breakdowns
- Unprepared surgeon
- Careless mistakes, such as damaging a nerve
- Forgetting a tool inside the body cavity
- Negligent post-operative care
Proper communication and alignment with the hospital or surgical center’s protocols should prevent most surgical errors. Counting all tools and equipment before and after surgery, for example, could help prevent retained surgical foreign bodies. Proper sanitation and patient care could also prevent complications such as infections. If you have an injury or illness from an operation, discuss whether it could have come from malpractice with our attorneys.
Contact a Beaverton Surgical Error Lawyer Today
At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we have enough experience representing clients during medical malpractice cases to spot the signs of negligence. We can review your case for free to tell you if we believe you have the elements of a civil claim. If so, we may be able to help you draw up a demand letter and negotiate for fair and full compensation from the at-fault surgeon and/or health center. You may be eligible to recover the price of your lost wages, medical bills and more. Start your case by requesting a free consultation in Beaverton today. Call our Beaverton personal injury attorneys at (503) 226-6361.