Jane Paulson is passionate about trial law. While many attorneys shy away
from litigation, Jane relishes the chance to stand up for her clients
in court. She represents people throughout Oregon and Washington who have
been harmed by the negligence or legal fault of others, and she has
won millions of dollars for her clients doing so.
Jane is a graduate of University of Virginia School of Law. She clerked
for federal judge James M. Burns and worked for several years at a well-regarded
defense firm. Her past work also includes serving on various local and
state bar committees.
Awards & Accolades
- From 1995 to 2006, Jane was honored with the opportunity of serving on
the Oregon Trial Lawyers Association or “OTLA” as a board member.
- From 2000 to 2004, she served as one of just two American Trial Lawyer
Association delegates from the state of Oregon.
- She has also acted as the President of the OTLA (from 2004-2005), is an
Associate with the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America for her work in the field
of personal injury and medical malpractice
- In 2012, the American College of Trial Lawyers invited Jane to join the
organization as one of just five women attorneys in Oregon. This also
meant that she and her father, Chuck, were one of the few father-daughter
teams with the College.
- In 2015, Jane became the first woman President of the Oregon Chapter of
ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates)
- She was the recipient of the Oregon Women Lawyers Justice Betty Roberts
Award (which recognizes an individual who has made an outstanding contribution
to promoting women in the legal profession and in the community).
Among Jane’s additional honors and recognitions are:
- Best Lawyers in America – for medical malpractice and personal injury
- Oregon Top 10 Super Lawyers 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 2015 Recipient of the Oregon Women Lawyers Justice Betty Roberts Award
- Portland's Best Lawyers in Portland Monthly magazine
- 2018 "Lawyer of the Year" for Personal Injury Litigation –
Plaintiff’s attorney in Portland, Oregon by Best Lawyers
Devoted To Serving Her Community
She is a passionate advocate of giving back to her community and believes
in spending as much time with her family as possible. She was on the local
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East Board for years and now she works
with and is a board member with the PSU Hatfield School of Government’s
Center for Women’s Leadership. In addition, she is currently on
the board of the Campaign for Equal Justice.