Gresham Birth Injury Attorney
An injury acquired at birth could follow a child for the rest of his or her life. Serious birth injuries, such as those affecting the brain, could lead to long-term physical or cognitive disabilities. If your child has a birth injury, find out whether medical negligence played a role. Discuss your child’s injury with our Gresham birth injury lawyers today. Initial consultations are free. Contact us online or call (503) 226-6361 to schedule your meeting.
Why Choose Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC?
- We have earned recognition from our community as well as respected legal organizations.
- We have used our time, resources and energy to help thousands of clients.
- We are proud of our past case results, won through hard work and dedication.
- We are devoted to pursuing justice for medical malpractice clients.
- We take all Gresham birth injury claims on a contingency fee basis.
When Is a Birth Injury Medical Malpractice?
Thousands of births each year encounter serious complications that threaten the health and safety of both mother and child. If the presiding physician did everything he or she reasonably could have done to protect both parties but a birth injury still occurred, the physician might not be liable for damages. To have a valid claim to compensation, the family must be able to prove that medical malpractice occurred. Many different examples of medical negligence could lead to a birth injury in Gresham.
- Failure to recognize a high-risk pregnancy or delivery
- Miscommunication or lack of communication
- Misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose
- If there was a surgical error
- Failure to monitor fetal heart rate during labor or delivery
- Improper or excessively dangerous birthing procedures
- Misuse of birth-assisting tools, including forceps or vacuums
- Failure to respond quickly to emergency situations
- Failure to order or execute an emergency C-section
- A nurse dropping or injuring a newborn baby
- Medication mistakes involving mother or baby
Many different types of medical negligence could cause a preventable birth injury. Proving medical malpractice typically takes establishing through a preponderance of the evidence that the health care provider in question owed a duty of care to the plaintiff, breached this duty of care and caused the birth injury. Your attorney may have to hire a birth injury expert to testify as to the fact that the defendant committed malpractice before, during or after the birth of your child.
Birth Injury Cases We Accept
At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we have years of experience handling a wide range of medical negligence and birth injury cases throughout Oregon. We have the resources and knowledge to help clients with all types of birth injury claims. Do not hesitate to consult with our lawyers after any type of birth injury diagnosis.
- Fetal oxygen deprivation
- Brain damage
- Brain bleeds
- Intellectual disabilities
- Cerebral palsy
- Premature birth
- Kernicterus (severe jaundice)
- Brachial plexus injuries and related palsies
- Traumatic birth injuries
- Broken bones
- Wrongful death
We know receiving a birth injury diagnosis can be traumatic for you and your family. We are here to help you seek justice and compensation from the party that reasonably should have prevented the birth injury. Contact us no matter what type of birth injury has impacted your child. You may be eligible for compensation.
Contact a Gresham Birth Injury Lawyer
Birth injuries are often preventable with due care and attention to detail by obstetricians, gynecologists, physicians, delivery nurses and surgeons. Birth injuries generally happen when one or multiple parties breach their duties of care and put the mother or baby’s life at risk. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we work hard to bring negligent health care practitioners and birthing centers throughout Oregon to justice. Find out if you are eligible for a compensatory award, and how we can help you if so. Call (503) 226-6361 or contact us online today for a free consultation in Gresham.