King County and Sound Transportation Bus Accident Lawyer
Getting around Seattle is easy with the variety of public transportation services available. From riding the Metro to using the monorail, citizens of King County have many transportation choices. Unfortunately, not all bus services are safe for passengers. Preventable bus accidents regularly cause injuries in Washington. If you are the victim of a King County Metro or Sound Transit bus accident, please contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC for a free consultation with one of our attorneys. We can explain your rights and help you file an injury claim in Seattle.
Why Hire Us?
- We aggressively pursue the maximum possible results for all of our clients, even if that means heading to civil court for a better outcome.
- We focus entirely on personal injury, wrongful death and medical malpractice cases. This gives us a unique edge over our competitors in this field of law.
- We have obtained exceptional results for injured bus accident victims through hard work and dedication. We never hesitate to take cases to trial when we believe it is necessary.
- We provide legal services at no financial risk to you. We operate on a contingency fee basis during all King County bus accident cases, meaning no fees charged unless we win.
What Does a Bus Accident Lawyer Do?
The right bus accident attorney in Seattle can help you with every step of your injury claim. From determining the defendant to arguing for better compensation from an insurance company, a lawyer can handle all the tasks related to your claim for you while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
- Answer your legal questions
- Offer trustworthy legal advice
- Investigate the bus accident
- Talk to eyewitnesses
- Collect evidence of fault
- Identify the defendant
- Negotiate with insurance companies for you
- Fight for maximum compensation
- Go to trial, if necessary
When in doubt, contact a bus accident attorney for a free legal consultation about your case. Consulting with a lawyer can help you understand your rights and the steps you will need to take to recover compensation for your losses.
Why Do Bus Accidents in Seattle Occur?
Most bus accidents are preventable. Collisions involving public buses happen in King County when one or more parties are negligent. Public transportation accidents in Seattle and the surrounding areas often trace back to operator errors, unsafe buses or negligent third-party drivers. Most cases involving a bus driver’s negligence name the bus company as the defendant. Bus companies are responsible for the actions of their employees. In a case against King County Metro or Sound Transit, however, the defendant would most likely be the government.
In Washington, you must bring a tort claim against the government within three years. You or your lawyer must send a notice of intent to bring a lawsuit to the correct government entity. Then, you must wait 60 days to file an official lawsuit. During this time, the state may approve your claim and offer a settlement. Otherwise, you will have the right to go to trial to pursue compensation instead.
If your public bus accident was preventable, the at-fault party may owe you financial compensation. A successful injury suit against the government could lead to payment for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, legal expenses, travel costs, punitive damages, and more. Improve your chances of winning your case and recovering maximum compensation from a government agency by hiring a personal injury attorney for representation.
Contact a King County and Sound Transportation Bus Accident Lawyer Today
If you have injuries from an accident involving a King County Metro or Sound Transit bus in Seattle, contact us to discuss your legal options. The bus accident lawyers at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC have years of experience. We can help you bring a claim to damages against the county or another party in Washington in pursuit of just compensation. Call (503) 226-6361 today for your free consultation.