In the construction industry, cranes are vitally important but pose a significant risk of accidents and injuries. When a crane accident occurs, it often results in severe, sometimes life-altering injuries. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we are skilled in handling crane injury cases and we offer professional legal representation to those affected by these often devastating accidents. Navigating the complexities of a crane accident case requires exceptional legal skills, which our Oregon construction accident lawyers possess.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a crane accident in Oregon, we can help. Get started today by calling Paulson Coletti at (503) 862-8712 or contact us online.
Understanding the Risks of Crane Operations
Cranes, with their towering presence on construction sites, are remarkable feats of engineering. However, these machines come with inherent risks that demand respect and diligence. Risks that can lead to a crane accident, include:
- Mechanical Failures
- Operator Error
- Safety Protocol Violations
- Poor Weather Conditions
- Faulty Equipment
- Inadequate Training and Supervision
- Communication Breakdowns
- Environmental Factors
By recognizing the multifaceted nature of crane accidents and their underlying risks, we can work toward preventing these tragic events and seeking justice for those affected.
Your Legal Rights After a Crane Injury
When you or a loved one has suffered a crane injury, navigating the complex legal landscape can be daunting. Understanding your legal rights is crucial in ensuring that you receive the compensation and justice you deserve.
- Workers’ Compensation: In many cases, crane injuries occur in the workplace. If you are an employee, such as a construction worker, who was injured on the job, you are likely entitled to workers’ compensation benefits. These benefits typically cover medical expenses, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs, regardless of fault.
- Third-Party Claims: While workers’ compensation is a valuable resource, it may not compensate you for the full extent of your losses. In cases where a third party, such as a manufacturer, contractor, or another entity, contributed to the crane accident, you may have grounds for additional claims. These claims, known as third-party claims, can seek compensation beyond what workers’ compensation provides.
Determining Liability in Crane Injury Cases
Establishing who is responsible for the crane accident and subsequent injuries is a complex and critical process. Multiple parties may be held liable for a crane injury claim, including:
- Crane Operators
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Construction Site Supervisors
- Maintenance and Inspection Teams
- Construction Contractors:
Determining liability often involves consulting with experts in related fields, including crane operation, equipment manufacturing, construction site safety, and accident reconstruction. These experts can provide critical insights and assessments that can strengthen your case.
The Role of Negligence in Crane Injury Cases
Negligence is a central concept in crane injury cases. To succeed in a personal injury claim, you must demonstrate that another party’s negligence led to the accident and your injuries. Negligence involves proving each of the following elements:
- The responsible party owed you a duty of care.
- They breached that duty through their actions or inactions.
- Their breach of duty directly caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages as a result.
In the aftermath of a crane injury, understanding your legal rights is the first step toward recovery and justice.
The Statute of Limitations for Crane Injury Claims in Oregon
In Oregon, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims, including crane injuries, is generally two years from the date of the injury. However, some cases may have exceptions, that can limit or extend the amount of time you have to pursue a claim. This underscores the importance of consulting with a knowledgeable Oregon construction accident lawyer as soon as possible after suffering a crane injury.
How We Can Help You with Your Crane Injury Case
Our law firm’s approach to crane injury cases blends empathy with assertiveness. We are not just lawyers; we are advocates who understand the laws governing crane injuries and are committed to your cause.
Our construction accident lawyers bring a rich blend of experience, a track record of successful outcomes, and an unwavering commitment to our clients.
We can evaluate your case, explain your rights, and help you determine the best course of action. We can also help you meet all legal deadlines and requirements, preventing potential pitfalls in your pursuit of justice.
Contact Paulson Coletti For Help With Your Crane Injury Case
At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, we see beyond the case number to the human story behind each crane injury. Our commitment to justice can ensure your voice is heard and your rights fiercely defended. With us, you are not just a client; you are a person deserving of justice, and we are here to help secure it.
Have you or a loved one been injured in a crane accident? Reach out to us for a free consultation. We are here to guide, support, and champion your cause.