Oregon Motorcycle Accident Attorney
A motorcycle accident can be devastating, leaving the victim with serious injuries and significant financial burdens. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident in Oregon, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages. At Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC, our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys are here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call us today at (503) 862-8712 for more information.
The Legal Landscape for Motorcycle Accident Claims in Oregon
Navigating a motorcycle accident claim in Oregon requires a clear understanding of the state’s specific laws and regulations regarding motorcycles and personal injury claims. Our experienced motorcycle accident attorneys are well-versed in Oregon’s legal framework and can help you comprehend how it impacts your case.
Oregon follows a “modified comparative negligence” system when it comes to personal injury cases, including motorcycle accident cases. Under this system:
- If you are deemed to be 50% or less at fault for the accident, you can still seek compensation from the other party, albeit at an amount reduced by your percentage of fault.
- However, if you are deemed to be more than 50% at fault, you may be barred from recovering any damages at all.
It is, therefore, crucial to recognize that your level of fault for the accident can directly impact the compensation you receive. Insurance companies often try to assign a higher percentage of fault to the injured party to minimize their payouts. This is where having a skilled Oregon motorcycle accident attorney becomes crucial, as we can work to establish liability and minimize your share of fault.
Oregon’s Helmet Laws
Oregon requires all motorcyclists and their passengers to wear helmets while riding. Failure to do so may not only result in safety risks but could also affect your ability to recover damages in the event of an accident. The liable insurance companies may argue that your failure to wear a helmet contributed to the severity of your injuries.
The Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for filing a motorcycle accident lawsuit in Oregon is typically two years from the date of the accident. This means you have only two years from the date of the accident to initiate legal action. Failing to file your claim within this timeframe may result in the court dismissing your case.
Why Hire an Oregon Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
Understanding the legal nuances of motorcycle accident claims in Oregon can be challenging, especially while dealing with injuries and recovery. The Oregon motorcycle accident attorneys at Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC have extensive experience handling motorcycle accident cases throughout the state.
Motorcycle accident cases differ from typical car accident cases in several ways, and insurance companies often approach these cases with skepticism. Having a dedicated motorcycle accident attorney on your side can make a significant difference in the outcome of your case.
Our legal team understands the unique challenges that motorcyclists face on the road and the biases that can affect the claims process. We are committed to protecting your interests and ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How We Can Help
Our experienced Oregon motorcycle accident attorneys offer comprehensive legal support, including:
- Investigation: We will thoroughly investigate the accident, gathering evidence to establish liability and build a strong case on your behalf.
- Legal Representation: We will represent your interests in negotiations with the liable insurance companies, working to secure a fair settlement.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we will be prepared to take your case to court and advocate for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
- Maximizing Your Compensation: Our goal is to ensure you receive full compensation for all of your damages, including your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, damage to your motorcycle, and other related damages.
Contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC Today
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident in Oregon, don’t navigate the aftermath alone. Contact Paulson Coletti Trial Attorneys PC to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Oregon motorcycle accident attorney. We are here to provide the guidance and legal support you need to secure the best possible outcome for your case.